AAC5.1 to AC35.1 passthrough playback is intermittent on first play only.

• RPI4b 2GB. LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220325-226b25b. LG ThinQ TV. Marantz SR5500 receiver.

I notice there have been several FFMPEG updates recently. So I checked this issue which has been around for several months and reported in other threads.

When transcoding from AAC5.1 to AC3 via passthrough the first play is intermittent something like 1s intervals. Subsequent plays are OK.

I recorded it and posted on youtube.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Logs were posted on other threads.

If anyone wants to pursue this let me know and I'll post a current log.

Chook

• I did some testing using passthrough via my TV and SPDIF to my amp. The transcode from AAC5.1 to AC3 worked in stereo only on first play without the intermittent audio. The second play worked OK. I may remove the justboom audio card and split the audio to SPDIF optical to rule out issues with justboom.

• This bug where trans-coding AAC to AC3 (using pass through) is intermittent on first play, still exists. It resolves itself after stopping and restarting playback.

I verified it on the 220709 nighlty on RPi4b. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

regards

chook