LE10 NUC's Broken?

• I am completely stumped here. Since LE10, I can't get any content to work reliably on any Intel NUC in my possession, when all worked fine in LE9.2. I have 11 different media centers, ranging from NUC6 to NUC11, they are all showing this behavior with LE10 official, nightly and SMP builds. I am not sure what I am missing here as no one else seems to be having problems.

I have tried audio and video, local and networked. I get audio stuttering constantly and weird video problems on some videos. I have tried SMP's builds, which allow me to play 4K x265 content FLAWLESSLY. On the nightly and official builds there are some issues with 4K x265. All of the builds seem to struggle for me with any other format (h264, even mp3). When audio starts messing up and skipping with h264, the video starts to speed up (now playing faster than the audio).

This is completely random. Sometimes it will be the first few seconds of a video file, sometimes it will be the last few minutes, sometimes in the middle. Sometimes, a reboot "makes the issue better", when every single video will start skipping within seconds, a reboot can sometimes get me several minutes before skipping (on the same video file and same location / method of access).

I have tried every port, even forcing the audio to an analog port exhibits the same issues. I have tried several different active and passive DP > HDMI Adapters (all of which work fine with 9.2). I have tried with and without passthrough enabled. I have tried forcing video post processing. I have tried with hardware decoding on and off. I have tried forcing audio channels. I have tried adjust display refresh rate and sync playback to display. I have tried with HDR capabilities on and off. I have tried with DRM PRIME decoder testing every PRIME render method. I have tried blanking other displays and changing the resolution and refresh rate. I have also changed the number of buffers used by graphics driver.

The only thing I'm really seeing in the logs is the above. Searching for that seemed to result in mostly common networking / bandwidth / latency issues, none of which I should be experiencing.

So what am I missing? What else is there to test? Why am I seemingly the only one having issues with 5 different generations of NUC's on LE10 that work perfectly fine on LE9.2 (x265 excluded)?

Edited once, last by Evoliddaw (February 25, 2022 at 12:46 AM).

• I run 3 generations of NUC over 4 units in my house. All worked perfectly with Matrix under windows.

On LE10.0.1 I get stuttering when playing media from plex when using UTP. Figured out that the Gigabit connection is running at 10Mbit.

On another unit I can't see the wireless adapter at all and the Gigabit NIC is also running at 10Mbit.

The 2 oldest units seem to be ok but haven't tested them as much.

I tried a SMP build and didn't get too far as some of the add-ons I use are not compatible with Nexus.

So while my experiences don't completely line up with what you are seeing, the experience is not completely smooth for me either.

It is usable for me at the moment.

• I did suspect something with my LAN at first, and it took me far too long to test, but the issue also happens if I copy the same file I'm trying to play to USB and play it locally.

I did manage to find some settings that work for me for now for the most part. It's not perfect, but now when I get large audio sync issues, a reboot usually corrects it temporarily. I still get the odd stutter or skip here or there (1-3 per 30 minutes) but it's definitely a better experience than endless skips every 1-5 seconds.

I've never watched a bug report so closely, nor have I ever been so anxious to see the fix get implemented lol.

I'm really curious as to why there don't seem to be more impacted users however. Maybe it was my push to try SMP's builds that updated me early? I just assumed everyone would be on LE10 with auto updates by now.

• I've been watching ethtool while streaming and it shows 1000MB/s full duplex the whole time.

Playing from USB is still failing on the latest nightly.

I might have to switch to Windows.