LibreELEC USB-SD Creator Loads nothing - No field selectable

• Hello,

Unfortunately I have the problem that I can't use the L under Windows 10 Absolutely. I cannot edit any of the fields or select anything, so the tool is absolutely unusable for me.

I have attached a corresponding screen shot, this is how the programme looks to me all the time.

I have also tried it in compatibility mode, for windows 7 and windows 8, and it doesn't work there either.

Under Mac OSX I get the message that the publisher of the software is not licensed, so I can't run it there either.

Please give me feedback for one of the two operating systems on how to get it to work.

Thanks a lot!

• Go to Best Answer
  • Same problem.

DROP DOWN MENUS do nothing.
    Loading the manual image does nothing.
    First time in several years I decided to try an updated version and it wont work.
    I don't feel very confident using 'Etcher' because: what about the selection of VERSION (In my case generic intel and Nvidia)?

• Tibidast
    February 21, 2022 at 5:08 PM
  • I used the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin in the past without problems (Ubuntu 21.10. 64 bit). Today I wanted to create a new sd card and suddenly the tool seems to be broken. Selecting a version is not possible. I can select an image file, but there is another problem:

One of my SATA ports on the motherboard is configured as hotplug to allow using an e-SATA drive. The kernel reserves /dev/sdd for it, even when no drive is connected. The tool shows /dev/sdd with 0 MB and no partitions as only writable device and it is not possible to select another drive like the sd card which is connected as sdf.

I

It seems there is a major issue with the creator and I suggest that it is removed from https://libreelec.tv/downloads/ as long as this is not investigated and fixed.