Nightly for 10.0 branch

• I have a PN41 where the latest stable for LE 10 doesn't work, but the Nightly for 11 works (but I would like to stick with Kodi 19 until 20 is stable)

https://test.libreelec.tv/ only seems to have images for 11

Is there a way to get a version of LE10 with a more recent Linux kernel? Searching through the forums a previous LE10 nightly worked for that user, but their link didn't work anymore.

• ... until 20 is stable

running nightly over month now, *I* would declare it as "stable".

I'm convinced that changes in nightly are tested by the developers/maintainers (kudo's ! ;) ) before a nightly even hit the download page.

but not all addon's available, though ...

btw.:

you could sorta speed up "LE 20 becoming stable and released" by running nightly and report the bugs you maybe find.

that's how communtity/open source software works: a OS for free in the exchange of the bugs you find

And if you're doing so and think a bit of it more, you'll find out it's just a sort of "self help" !

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (March 18, 2022 at 11:27 AM).

• Nobody is testing anything in advance of it being published, but there is generally an attempt to test the changes before they are merged and then automatically built/published - the build/publish process is completedly automated.

• I have a PN41 where the latest stable for LE 10 doesn't work, but the Nightly for 11 works (but I would like to stick with Kodi 19 until 20 is stable)

https://test.libreelec.tv/ only seems to have images for 11

Is there a way to get a version of LE10 with a more recent Linux kernel? Searching through the forums a previous LE10 nightly worked for that user, but their link didn't work anymore.

Probably the only way is to build from LE 10 branch yourself.

As far as LE11 is concerned, in my case the stable version stops to 12/02/2021, after this date Python was updated to 3.9.10 and things (mostly 3rd party addons) are not so stable anymore. Python issues are nasty because if LibreELEC or Kodi environments are not the ones to blame, then it's up to python's devs to fix the code.

So Imho if you need an always stable system, then you should stay on a stable LE version.

• I'm convinced that changes in nightly are tested by the developers/maintainers (kudo's ! ;) ) before a nightly even hit the download page.

I'm convinced that that some changes in nightly are tested by the developers/maintainers (kudo's ! ;) ) before a nightly even hit the download page.

:saint: