Black screen when reading some video files (rbpi4B)

• Hi I'm using libreelec 10.0.2 on a raspberry pi 4B, 8GB of RAM. (btw I'm not that new to kodi but I'm new to libreelec and rbpi)

The files play correctly on a laptop using kodi 19.4 but not on libreelec on the rbpi.

What happens is that I can open a video file, play it for a few seconds but then it crashes (black screen, no sound and the screen is does not receive any signal anymore, but the kore controller still displays the movie progressbar moving forward) this seems to occur only with 4K files and not with 1080p files. Here is the log after a crash : http://ix.io/3Sfi

Here is some info about the video file (mediainfo output) :

Please tell me if you need any further information, I hope that some of you can help me figuring out why this problem occurs !

• Not much info in backtrace:

Code
    Thread 1 (Thread 0xe8f63280 (LWP 1115)):
    #0  0x005f1c20 in ?? ()
    #1  0x005f8570 in CGUIListItem::GetProperty(std::string const&) const ()
    #2  0xf2c01e60 in ?? ()
    Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

other than it's gui related rather than video playback related.

You mention using kore controller - can you confirm the issue still occurs when playing video through other means (e.g. from keyboard control)

Can you rename /storage/.kodi and check if you can play 4K hevc files? Something like:

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi_back
    systemctl start kodi

That may indicate if the crash is from some local settings or installed addons.

• Thanks for your answer.

Not much info in backtrace

I enabled debug logging and played a video file which caused the crash, what else could I do to get more infos in the log ?

That may indicate if the crash is from some local settings or installed addons.

I did not install anything, I just flashed libreelec on the sd card, put it in the rbpi, plugged-in my hard drive and played the file.