No audio in Chrome

• Using audio over HDMI, I have always used the Chrome add-on to much succes. Now I can't get it to work anymore with audio!

I'm using a custom audio device using the line "ALSA:plughw:1,9"

This is based on aplay -L shown below

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC887-VD Analog [ALC887-VD Analog]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC887-VD Digital [ALC887-VD Digital]

card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]

card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]

card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]

card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]

To be sure, I have used all combinations from 0,1 to 1,10

Reading other threads on the forum I can't see what's wrong with my setup.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Joris

Edited once, last by jorisvanhoute (March 10, 2022 at 6:18 PM).

• Thanks for the reply Da Flex,

I didn't read the post but have read it now. Not sure if this is applicable to my problem though. output of amixer tells me that auto mute is not turned on. Maybe I am missing something?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Ah, did not know. My apologies. I thought you just could not get support when asking about these. Not when one of these banned add-ons where installed on your system. Thank you for the heads up.

Doesn't change the fact that my issue is purely about the supported chrome add on though.

--------------------

Code
    Mar 12 15:03:50.870935 LibreELEC kodi.sh[1397]: [1539:1539:0312/150350.870790:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: plughw:1,9,Device or resource busy
    Mar 12 15:03:51.829820 LibreELEC kodi.sh[1397]: [1396:1418:0312/150351.829581:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")

Edited once, last by jorisvanhoute (March 12, 2022 at 2:27 PM).

• this issue sounds like it could be very similar

Google Chrome addon no audio - LibreELEC Forum
    When I use the Google Chrome add on I have no audio.I tried to configure the option custom audio device in the add on setting but I could not figure out what…
    www.google.com

Going to to try to add this manually. Don't know why this post didn't come up earlier in my search. It could be that the settings are not updated to the start script. I'm using libreelec on a x86 system. Maybe different folder?

Edited once, last by jorisvanhoute (March 16, 2022 at 10:45 AM).

• A new Chromium browser is in the works. It needs an add-on sandbox, which takes a while. So don't expect bug fixes for old Chrome.

Any idea of progress on the new browser? And would this only run on LE 10?

Trying to figure out what to do with my LE 9 system, the Chrome volume issue has me stumped.

• The old Chrome was done by LE dev CvH , but the new version will be done by someone else.

Maybe Kodi forum has more info. The add-on sandbox is a big deal, and it's strongly connected to Kodi core code.

• chrome would still run at Generic Legacy (we have Generic and Generic_legacy at LE11) at LE11

I really hope that for LE12 we get a proper browser included in Kodi, but no idea if this happens :(