RPi4 / Libreelec nightly / fast-forward doesn't work

• I am using the latest Libreelec nightly, e.g. https://test.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi4…-ab55701.img.gz, on a RPi4 with 4GByte RAM.

Basically Kodi is running well, except seeking fast forward/backward for streamed videos. Kodi is playing video streams as long as they are not interrupted (fast-forward or pause). Fast-forward for locally stored mp4 file on my NAS is working. My monitor supports a resolution of 2440 x 1440.

I've tried several options in configt.txt, but failed to get the fast-forward working.

What is a working config.txt ?

Are there other important Kodi settings I need to check?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited once, last by FUEL4EP (March 9, 2022 at 11:52 AM).

• Thanks for your hint.

gpu_mem=128 at config.txt didn't fix my problem.

Here my config.txt:

config.txt

When I try to seek in a e.g. an Arte 720P H264 video stream, the video first freezes and aborts a few seconds later.

• Thanks for this hint.

I added an advancedsettings.xml at /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml and then rebooted.

advancedsettings.xml.txt

Half of the 4GByte RAM of my RPi4 are now allocated as cache.

Unfortunately, no change. When I try to seek, the video first freezes and then aborts after a few seconds.

• Here the kodi.log:

kodi.log

Code
    2022-03-09 19:33:20.747 T:1084     INFO <general>: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
    Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thanks for your advice!

Currently I am failing to upload log file by 'ssh - pastekodi' . pastekodi seems not to come to an end with the upload. I need some time to get familiar with the requested procedure. I will try again tomorrow.

• An (manual) upload to ix.io seems not to be possible:

* We are completely uploaded and fine

Therefore pastekodi stalled.

I've uploaded my debug log file manually as kodi.log to https://paste.kodi.tv.

Thanks a lot for your deeper analysis of my problem in advance.

• Further tests revealed that the root cause of my problems is the addon 'Arte Mediathek' V2.0.1 from sarbes. Several other Mediathek addons are working properly. I addressed this to sarbes in another thread.