Limited success with TV Remote & RPi4

• Having found that FF & rewind was working I decided to persevere with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220218-29c7284.img so had a few more goes.

I eventually found that setting the HDMI port from 1 to 3 and the physical port from 3000 to 0 partially worked. I say partially because only some of the buttons work, others (STOP, FF, Rewind, PAUSE) do not.

My current assumption is that I need to edit remote.xml keymap. If so would it be possible to copy one from my RPi3? If not is there a simple guide anywhere? I'm reading through https://kodi.wiki/view/CEC and following links but its certainly not what I'd call simple ?(

At least I'm making some sort of progress ^^

• Your problem is probably that the TV is not forwarding certain buttons to the pi.

You can confirm this by enabling debug logging and checking which buttons produce a message,

or using the keymap editor.

If the buttons aren't forwarded at all that's down to the TV.

There may be hidden menus or button presses that can enable extra buttons (e.g. here).

• MatteN

I know!!!!!

popcornmix

The link to the keymap editor is what (I hope) I was after. Thanks.

The other link was interesting but I'm reasonably certain that the remote is producing the correct codes - it works perfectly withe the RPi3, just not the RPi4.

• Just thought I'd try the latest nightly. Still much the same but with the coloured buttons on the TV remote doing different things than they did the last time I tried.

RPi4 back in its box for a month or two