USB Failure Odroid N2+

• Buyer beware - I have two Odroid N2+ units that have failed within a couple months of each other and HardKernel has basically told me that they won't do anything. I would have to pay shipping both ways (nearly the cost of a new unit) to MAYBE get a replacement. I've never experienced such bad service.

Out of the blue, the USB ports failed on both devices, which were running Libreelec Kodi Matrix. USB Power was turned off within Kodi. One failed after just about a year, and the other after a year and a few months. I can't find too many threads on this topic, so I'm posting this in case anyone is considering one of these units.

• Buyer beware - I have two Odroid N2+ units that have failed within a couple months of each other and HardKernel has basically told me that they won't do anything. I would have to pay shipping both ways (nearly the cost of a new unit) to MAYBE get a replacement. I've never experienced such bad service.

Out of the blue, the USB ports failed on both devices, which were running Libreelec Kodi Matrix. USB Power was turned off within Kodi. One failed after just about a year, and the other after a year and a few months. I can't find too many threads on this topic, so I'm posting this in case anyone is considering one of these units.

Hard Kernel has a very poor attitude to failures, and a minimal warranty. I would always recommend to buy through an EU or UK reseller if you're in the EU or UK, as you will potentially have better consumer rights that way.

I've heard a number of stories of terrible customer service once things break.

• The HK forums have a lot of similar reports; though to play devils-advocate the inherent nature of support forums is you attract users with problems (we see the same here) so that's to be expected.