DVBlink PVR client Freeze when selecting channel after no use overnight

• Hi there,

I'm running Librelec 7.90.008 on RPI2 and I'm finding that after the TV is turned off at ~23:30 and turned back on in the morning (about 7 hours not being used overnight), I navigate to TV, select BBC1 from the channel list and click select to switch to that channel. The spinning wheel appears and the TV channel never switches. (I notice that the onscreen Debug information is still happily updating on screen at top left)

I also noted similar behaviour on KODI 17 Beta 5 on OSX.

Anyone know what the cause could be?

Here are some links to log files from two Raspberry PI, both running KODI 17 Beta 5 with the same basic configuration (Built from the same configuration backup). They are named PI_ATTIC & PI_LIVINGROOM respectively and both exhibit exactly the same behaviour:

Here are the log files for PI_ATTIC taken after I navigated to TV and selected from the channel list BBC 1
    pi_attic.zip

For PI_LIVINGROOM, there are two versions of the log...
    One set taken before the TV freeze:
    pi_livingroom_pre.zip

One set taken after the TV freeze:
    pi_livingroom_post.zip

I've tried waiting various lengths of time to turn back on the TV (I am up to 4 hours now with the TV off & PI running) and the error doesn't manifest itself, today, I'll be increasing to 5 hours, 6 hours etc until I find out how long it takes for this failure to manifest itself (if it does during day time).

I also tried yesterday turning off the wifi connection and turning it back on again before trying to change TV channels, with this action taken, the first time TV channel change after overnight "sleep" had no problems which seems to point to some lost connection between KODI and the backend DVBlink TV server (But this runs 24x7 with no problems seen on my Windows MCE environment).

Thanks in advance for any advice

Solo

Edited once, last by solomalee (November 19, 2016 at 10:03 AM).

• Update:

I've determined that when I choose the Recorded TV icon to try to go to the DVBlink recordings, this also results in a freeze of KODI, so it seems there is something wrong in the PVR client.

Stopping and starting network before choosing a TV channel does not stop the problem occurring as I first thought.

Anybody with similar problems, or ideas on the cause?

Solo

• Update:

Now updated to Libreelec 7.90.009 and the overnight freeze is still occuring - any insights?

Does anyone know if these issues I have described might be resolved in the next Beta?

Has it been investigated? Is there any additional information I can provide to helps solve this?

Solo

• Now running Kodi Beta 7 LibreElec 7.90.010...Same problem persists! :huh:

This thread reminds me of a Simon and Garfunkel song...anyone - any suggestions?

Is this something the Kodi team will look into, or is it for the DVBlink guys?

Solo

• Now running Kodi RC3 LibreElec 7.95.1...Same problem persists! :huh:

I also note a small area of screen disturbance / corruption at the lower left edge of the screen - just one or two lines in about 1/8 length of the screen - this happens on playback of Live & Recorded TV and also playback of .WTV files.

• Now running Kodi RC3 LibreElec 7.95.1...Same problem persists! :huh:

I also note a small area of screen disturbance / corruption at the lower left edge of the screen - just one or two lines in about 1/8 length of the screen - this happens on playback of Live & Recorded TV and also playback of .WTV files.

Here exact the same problem only on Cu-Box (I have three CU-Boxes I4P-300 all have the same problem) also running KODI RC3 and LibreElec 7.95.1 allready some time sometimes I thought I was the only one with this problem and that I had something wrong configured !