Posts by FransAlmere

I just found some time again and tried the last image from vpeter (http://vpeter.libreelec.tv/imx6-solidrun....14.img.gz).
    Sadly the problems remain the same, channel starts playing and then when I want to switch channels freeze. The only thing I can do is stop the channel and start again but then most of the time audio will not sync. It does not matter what kind of deintlerlacing I am using BOB.BOB Half.IMX or what ever or even when I simply put deinterlace off no luck. Even the suggestings to chance the settings in the TVHeadend addon (answer timeout from 5 to 10 sec) did nothing.
    I am still using Liberelec 7.03 on the production Cu-Boxes where all these problems do not exits.
    Am i missing something do I have a wrong setting somewhere. Is this problem related to the latest updates of the kernel of the cu-box. I am still hoping that somebody can help me with this problem?

and vpeter allready many thanks for the effort you put into this ! :)

PS: what also frustrates me that there is no error message in the logs not on KODI in the systemlog or on TVHeadend

vpeter,

I was just thinking that perhaps in the latest KODI I have to see which result is the best by testing it channel by channel instead of what I am doing now making it the same for all channels as what is possible in KODI.

But now about you're question if I can provide a few recorded samples. Do you want samples of the channels wich goes well, because I do not see how I will produce a playback of a channel which has been frozen or see my zap from channel to channel untill freeze. I can make a screenshot and a copy of the log from what is happening at the freezing moment, is that what you mean ?

Thanks for your help sofar

vpeter,

I tried youre update but much to my regret I have to inform you that all your work did not solve my problems with zapping and freezing of channels. At least not for all the channels when I use BOB inverted zapping goes well for all the Astra FTA 28.2 channels (BBC, ITV, E4 etc) but not for Astra 19,2 coded and Astra 23.5 coded en uncoded. I am beginning to think that it is a combination of factors. Perhaps I am watching TV in a slightly different way because I use all the Astra satelites FTA and Coded frequencies I Like to watch Dutch, English and German TV channels. So I swith a lot of times from one satelite to another and todat when I was trying with my son to correct some TVHeadend problems about uncorrected blocks we found out dat switching muxes gave problems but I also noticed that at the same time similar problem occur in KODI when I try to watch LiveTV.

What I mean to say is that is allmost if I am chancing from Satelite en from coded to uncoded (vice versa) the problems occur. Normal you watch a program and than change channel but that not so normal for me and if I am testing I really zap a lot.

What I really do not like is the fact that the kodi.log everytime give another warning or sometimes simply nothing after a freeze

So I hope that you can help me out or perhaps you have a view of which people could help me more, tried the official KODI forum but no luck there.

I have tested you version with KODI Krypton latest version 17.0, on a CU-Box I4P-300D. Satelite is connected through Octopusnet IPSAT with the latest firmware 1.0.80 from Digital Devices
    kodi.old.log

Pajtaz,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am gonna give it a last try with a clean boot with Libreelec 8.0. But can you help me by giving me the place were you have found the latest release from the tvh addon. Or did you simply use the update function inLibreelec.

Over BOB I have missed that it was removed from the code I also needed them both for my Panasonic TV's or should that now go automatic ? But any help in this respect will be appreciated.

When I have made the clean install with Libreelec 8.0 with the latest update from the TVH addon I will announce it here if it works yes or no.

kind regards

PAJTAZ,

I have here exact the same problem and still have, also went back last friday to 7.0.2 updated 7.03 no problems. Than updated to 7.95.2 LiveTv (does not works at first update stopped, but that problem could I solve thanks to this forum members) keeps on hanging while zapping and freezes after two or three times chancing channels. Also tried to install de libereelec 8.0 from sctratch using the USB0SD creator still the same problem. Been playing with al de interlace and deinterlace settings, several kind of audio possibilities, several SD cards simply no luck. BOB (depends on if I try it on an a IIyama it works, if I try it on my Panasonic Plasma it does not work, everything is grey out cannot choose anything) gives indeed the best results but when I switch from satelite (f.e. 19.2 to 28.2) same problems occurs again (I am using ASTRA 1,2,3). Same if I switch from a uncrypted channel to a crypted one. Also the starting of a channel takes a little while.

I am living alone but have 4 CU-Boxes (one tn IX4X4 is used as server for Debian, TVH and Oscam) so I can test whatever en whenever I like. I must say I find this until now very disappointing, but I am glad that I found out thnaks to this thread that I am not the only person with this problem. Offcourse I can do things wrong but now I am so far that I have deciced to stay on libreelec 7.03 until I have read that all problems which occur now are solved or that someone can tells me what Iam doeing wrong.

Kind regards
    :huh:

Now running Kodi RC3 LibreElec 7.95.1...Same problem persists! :huh:

I also note a small area of screen disturbance / corruption at the lower left edge of the screen - just one or two lines in about 1/8 length of the screen - this happens on playback of Live & Recorded TV and also playback of .WTV files.

Here exact the same problem only on Cu-Box (I have three CU-Boxes I4P-300 all have the same problem) also running KODI RC3 and LibreElec 7.95.1 allready some time sometimes I thought I was the only one with this problem and that I had something wrong configured !