Libreelec official Beelink x2 image no wifi & wrong resolution

• Hello Folks!

I'm new to the show! Just downloaded `LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0.1-beelink-x2.img.gz and burned it to sd card using usbimager.

All went fine, the thing booted, resized partition and started to kodi. My plan was to directly write libreelec to flash but I couldn't connect via ssh because libreelec doesn't detect my wifi - at least it's not configurable, only wired connection is offered. Also the (somewhat exotic) resolution from the screen I am using (1400x900) is not supported and I'm stuck on 1024x768 :sick:

So with the help of the community I would love to fix this things :thumbup:

Any advise heavily welcome!

• I just tested wifi on my X2. Driver loads ok and I see wifi networks listed in LibreELEC settings. However, after some time they all disappeared. After running iw wlan0 scan over ssh, they appeared again and stayed there. I have no idea whose fault that is.

1024x768 resolution almost always means that EDID couldn't be read. I tested many non-standard resolutions on H3 and they worked, unless there was some issue with clocks, but that shouldn't happen anymore.

In any case, provide outputs of following commands:

pastekodi

cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary

edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid

• Hello jernej and thank's for the reply!

It was necessary for me to make some bigger changes so I can use the screen and have Ethernet at the same time. Now I'm finally connected over ssh.

almost always means that EDID couldn't be read

Most likely that's it. The Display only features DVI out in so I use an adapter to get a hdmi cable connected. How could I manually force the correct resolution?

In any case, provide outputs of following commands:

Code
    pastekodi

-> http://ix.io/3ReF

Code
    cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary
    Code
      edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid
    Code
    EDID extract of '/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid' failed: unknown format.

Edited once, last by beelinker (March 3, 2022 at 1:11 PM).

• After running iw wlan0 scan over ssh, they appeared again and stayed there. I have no idea whose fault that is.

Actually I have no wlan0 device at all, running iw wlan0 scan doesn't work therefor.

Output of ifconfig

• The Display only features DVI out in so I use an adapter to get a hdmi cable connected. How could I manually force the correct resolution?

What kind of adapter is that? I tested native DVI monitors in the past, but I didn't noticed any issues. Forcing correct resolutions is a bit tricky unless it's standard (720p or 1080p). If it's not, you have to find useful edid somewhere, create initrd from it, add it on SD card partition and update pxeconfig to load that initrd and add kernel parameter to use it. I've never done it, so I don't know exact steps.

Actually I have no wlan0 device at all, running iw wlan0 scan doesn't work therefor.

Your box either doesn't have same wifi as mine X2 or they rerouted some traces. I suggest you open up the box and check which wifi module is used.