Install Nextcloud (LinuxServer.io)

• Hi,

I want to install Nextcloud on my Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC. I followed the steps mentioned by Iridium in this post:

These steps worked just fine. But what is the next step?

I tried to connect to the Nextcloud by entering the IP of the Raspberry Pi with :443 at the end on my PC, but the connection fails. I know the IP is correct and with SFTP I can access the Raspberry Pi.

Do I have to manually start the Nextcloud or what else do I need to do?

(I have never worked with docker or LinuxServer.io before, so there might be an obvious solution to this ^^ )

• Go back to studying the installation of the nextcloud server, when you have done this install the nextcloud client applications on your PC or on your smartphone or wherever you want. The nextcloud server is a data manager but you will not see anything because everything is encrypted. If you delete or lose a user's access keys, all storage for this user will be lost.

If you want to easily install the nexcloud server you can do it with 'docker' from the 'portainer' docker container, by creating a new 'Stack' named 'nextcloud' with the following content:

(Note that web access is done via port 4080)

In short, also taking into account that the export of files for recovery is also laborious or very difficult if you have lost the access keys, for a home user I prefer a normal file manager. If you think of a method of data backup or synchronization, think of the power and simplicity of 'syncthing'.

Edited 4 times, last by elonesna (February 24, 2022 at 3:15 PM).

• Check the log via "journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.nextcloud" and it should tell you what's going on with the creation and start of the container.

A potential issue could be that port 443 is already taken so the container can't be started with that mapping. If that's the case, go into addon settings and change the port to something else that's not in use.