On reboot i must move usb dongle to a second usb port to connect wifi

• hi.

This is my first post on this forum, all recomandations are welcome even if they concern the presention of the issue.

Here is my configuration:

- RPI4

- Libreelec 10.01

- Argone one case

- sd card for os

- sata m2 ssd for medias

- wifi usb dongle d-link

- wireless keyboard

- internal wifi and bt disabled by config.txt

My issue :

On initial boot my wifi dongle is active under eth0 and i can connect to network.

When i reboot the device, no wifi is active. I have to hot unplug the wifi usb dongle and replug it on a second usb port. When done the wifi connect immediatly.

The usb ports of the device are populated with:

1- sata disc

2- keyboard receiver

3- wifi dongle

Edited once, last by walidbha (February 23, 2022 at 11:41 AM).

• Remove the Pi board from the Argon case. If the problem still exists we're interested in diagnosing further. If it doesn't exist (and it probably won't) you can join the long queue of users and project staff that are getting a bit fed-up with the random problems those cases add.

• Remove the Pi board from the Argon case. If the problem still exists we're interested in diagnosing further. If it doesn't exist (and it probably won't) you can join the long queue of users and project staff that are getting a bit fed-up with the random problems those cases add.

I removed the pi board from argon case and the problem still exist.

I made a fresh install of libreelec to be sure that no argon script is making this happen.

To reproduce:

1- first Boot the rpi with the usb wifi adapter

2- Connect to wifi using eth1 (usb wifi adapter)

3- Reboot

4- Eth1 is no longer availble

5- Hot Unplug-replug the usb wifi dongle

6- Eth1 appears on wifi networks list

7- It connenct automaticly.

Edited 2 times, last by walidbha (March 8, 2022 at 9:27 AM).

• Please run the test again using a current RPi4 nightly image. Also provide dmesg/journal logs so we can see what hardware it is (and which driver) and any system messages. Pastebin the log with "dmesg | paste" and share the URL.

• hi chewitt.

I will be out of home for a while. I will not get access to the raspberry pi until april. I will try then. Hope it will not be too late for you.