Posts by walidbha

Boot GParted Live from a thumb drive on your Windows PC, and follow plan A.

Thank you all for the support.

I followed Da Flex advice and it was a success. It took a while though.

I share my experience here for those who are interested.

First, i have to say that i use libreelec on an intel nuc7. I downloaded Gparted from the official website and created a booatble usb using balena etcher with the downloaded ISO.

The last release was not good for me. I had a black screen after the boot. I had issues with display setup. The solution was to use the 0.33 release witch worked fine with the default settings.

When gparted booted correctly, the steps were:

1. Shrink the ntfs partition to the minimum allowed regarding the sise of my library. The process took 12 hours.

2. Create a ext4 partition on the freed disc space.

3. Boot on libreelec

4. Copy all the data from ntfs partition to ext4 partition using the librelec file manager. The process took 10 hours.

5. Rebooted with gparted.

6. Ereased ntfs partition.

7. Extended the ext4 partition to fit the entire hdd size. The process took 12 hours

8. Renamed the ext4 partition to match the old ntfs partition.

9. Rebooted librelec... the library is here...no thing to do.

After a week of testing, i have no corruption of hdd and random not mounting hdd as i had with the ntfs partition.

Plan B: Move the

I think that Plan B assumes that i have a linux pc and a second hard drive with at least 2.5 tb (the data that i need to backup). I don't have the 2 conditions.

Then plan a : I will follow some tutorials on using parted that i found on the net. If it works thats great. If no, i will only loose my library. I will survive

I see a lot of peaple here having the same issue with ntfs. If my experience works, i will share the steps. Maybe it wil help some of them to migrate to ext4.

hi.

I have an external 6tb hdd formated on ntfs.

I encounter issues with mounting hard drive some time and need to repare it by plugging it to a windows pc each time.

I had read in the forum that the best way to solve this issue is to use ext4 hdd.

Here is my question:

In libreelec from ssh How to :

1. Resise the ntfs partition to free some space
    2. Format that the free space to ext4
    3. Transfer all the data to this new ext4 partition
    4. Erease te ntfs partition
    5. Rename the new ext4 partition with the label of the ereased ntfs partition.

Thank you in advance.

I tested the nightly but the problem is that syncthing addon is not provided on libreelec repository for nightly. And i need it.

I think that the corruption of the external disk is due to electrical failure shut down while syncthing is writing data. (Up to 30 GB by file)

I tested ext4 and ntfs partitions and have the same issue after some days of synthing.

Is there a solution to check and repair partition at boot?

have the same issue here with external 1TB ssd formatted on ntfs.

It works perfectly for some days then it is unmounted by librelec. Even if y reboot, the drive is no more mounted.

When plugged on windows, it is recognised with no problem.

The only solution i found is to format again the storage to have it mou ted on libreelec.

Remove the Pi board from the Argon case. If the problem still exists we're interested in diagnosing further. If it doesn't exist (and it probably won't) you can join the long queue of users and project staff that are getting a bit fed-up with the random problems those cases add.

I removed the pi board from argon case and the problem still exist.

I made a fresh install of libreelec to be sure that no argon script is making this happen.

To reproduce:

1- first Boot the rpi with the usb wifi adapter

2- Connect to wifi using eth1 (usb wifi adapter)

3- Reboot

4- Eth1 is no longer availble

5- Hot Unplug-replug the usb wifi dongle

6- Eth1 appears on wifi networks list

7- It connenct automaticly.

hi.

This is my first post on this forum, all recomandations are welcome even if they concern the presention of the issue.

Here is my configuration:

- RPI4

- Libreelec 10.01

- Argone one case

- sd card for os

- sata m2 ssd for medias

- wifi usb dongle d-link

- wireless keyboard

- internal wifi and bt disabled by config.txt

My issue :

On initial boot my wifi dongle is active under eth0 and i can connect to network.

When i reboot the device, no wifi is active. I have to hot unplug the wifi usb dongle and replug it on a second usb port. When done the wifi connect immediatly.

The usb ports of the device are populated with:

1- sata disc

2- keyboard receiver

3- wifi dongle