Support new CPU in LE 10.x

• Thanks for the great job,

I have always used LE but now I need to use it with kodi Matrix and CPU n6000 (kernel 5.16.4?).

It works fine with the LE11 nigthly but having centralized everything with MSSQL / NAS and all other devices are LE10.

Any chance that a version that supports "matrix" will be released?

Thanks again.

Ivan

• We are doing a 10.2.x at some point, currently there is not yet too much benefit from it.

You just need a build with the new kernel and it should just work.

• We are doing a 10.2.x at some point, currently there is not yet too much benefit from it.

You just need a build with the new kernel and it should just work.

Yes, right,

I am experimenting with the use of an ubutu server 20.04 (21.04 gives me a lot of problems already in the installation) with the updated kernel and minimal graphic interface to get something vaguely similar to LE, but I have problems of excessive CPU usage already in the gui, after 5 minutes I have the fan running at maximum speed at 70°C on MSI CUBI N JSL.

For my very basic knowledge of linux systems it is an excessive effort... windows + kodi are an alterative but it is not comparable to the LE, for me is last resort.

If anyone can give me some initial indication on the actual feasibility of "updating" the kernel and any external modules needed in LE and how ... I can try.

Thank you for suggestion.

I.

• Just use a current LE11 nightly. The rate of change on Kodi is quite slow and the images are stable.

Thanks for reply but with 48Tb of media fully scraped and high customized, migration to new db and add-on (compatibilty?) is not so easy.

I have just now complited transition from leia to matrix... I am not ready to restart ... anyway not on alfa/beta release.

I.

• It was a little nightmare of missing packages in the Libreelec 10 mirror, drivers not compatible with kernel ver. 5.17.9 etc., but in the end, and with almost zero linux knowledge in about 24 hours of work (with the help of a small web server created ah-hoc to let compiler download the prepared compatible packages ecc.), I was able to compile a version that worked with Jasper-Lake CPUs and related GPUs, wifi ... are small satisfactions.

If anyone needs this version, or wants to make it themselves ... write me. :) ;)

• Hi HNA_Libre, very impressed with your milestone, I wonder if it would be possible to try the image that you created with my intel core i9 11900 cpu, which has an xe graphics gpu v750. Currently with LE11, the picture is too light, with no real blacks or contrast. Thanks. ^^ .

• Currently with LE11, the picture is too light, with no real blacks or contrast.

Can you have a look at LE's video settings? I heard some users have the same resolution / refresh rate multiple times, and just one version has the right contrast.

• There is some debate in the team on whether to spin an LE 10.2 release with Kodi 19 and bumped kernels; as as stop-gap until Kodi 20 moves closer towards release. On one hand there's no dispute something with newer kernels is needed. On the other it's a lot of work, and getting people to focus away from the LE 11 codebase won't get a full audience which always raises quality concerns. Kodi DevCon will be in ~3 weeks time so assuming Kodi 20 schedule gets discussed then (it's on the agenda) we'll make a decision after.

• I have tried with several night builds it's noticeable as soon as the libreelec splash screen appears when booting up.

I will keep testing with more builds until I get the same result as I have with other pc with a gen 7 intel cpu, Even if I try picture adjustments the darker is still more like dark grey.

I also tried with hdmi cables (hdmi 1.4 and hdmi 2.0 rated) and same result shows on both tv and pc monitor. Any how I am a big fan of Libreelec, quite remarkable the work you Guys do, Thanks.

I will keep monitoring these new builds, in the mean time I will keep using the older pc which works very well on this pioneer 1080p plasma. So no rush, just lets enjoy the ride and sharing of experiences, with this wonderful hobby.