[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• I received as a gift a MXQ Pro 4K with RK3229 (according with hexdump command), Samsung NAND and 2 GB RAM.

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

This board is very strange when it comes to booting LibreELEC or armbian. The only version of LibreELEC that is booting on my box is LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20220112104822-3ce5dd4-rk3228b-a8.img . LibreELEC 10 is not booting at all and LibreELEC 11 is boot looping. Armbian is only booting if I create a "libreelec 11 boot and armbian rootfs" combination.

Does some else encounter this board ? Is there a possibility to boot LibreELEC 11 on this board?

P.S. I updated the loader to version k322x_loader_v1.10.256.bin ( from armbian forum), but nothing changed in the behavior of the board.

• jaum20 I've never tried it but theoretically you shouldn't have any problems if you use the storage partition.

Do you have some logs to show me and maybe the procedure you followed!?

EmilB please try to be more specific. Won't boot from sd card!? What kind of problem?! (black screen but leds on, no leds on, screen errors).Do you have an android operating system installed on internal memory!? If so what version?!

All my libreelec builds share the same bootloader so if it won't boot your problem is elsewhere.

Thank you

Michele

• ilmich

To be more clear at this step my box is flash with you bootloader from https://github.com/ilmich/rkflashtool .

With multitool.img modified with u-boot extracted from LibreELEC11 ( replace the 4 MB u-boot in hex editor), I activated the "Install Jump Start for Armbian" after the NAND was cleaned ( Android deleted). This is the only possibility to boot armbian without modifying the image. I had a lot of problems booting armbian before I flashed you bootloader. Only a modified "libreelec boot and armbian rootfs combination" booted on the box before the bootloader upgrade. P.S. Wifi ssv6051 is not working in armbian and I disabled the driver to avoid a lot of errors on boot.

If I try to boot LibreELEC 11, the boot process is staring normally with resizing,restart and LibreELEC splash screen and after that reboot. From this point is entering a bootloop ( starting, LibreELEC splash screen, reboot). The red LED is always on, the blue LED is on from when the display is tuning on until the reboot ( display is turning off). In some situation the reboot is happening without LibreELEC splash screen, only "LibreELEC (imich): nightly ........" text is appearing.

P.S. Thank you for your work for this type of boxes ( Rk322x CPU); a lot of this boxes were save from the e-watse.

• Which kind of logs do you need? I just followed [How to] Enable swapfile on LibreELEC

and used 1024 instead of 128

• HI, EmilB

your problem is not that strange. There are other cases of boxes not booting armbian or libreelec.

This depends on the android/bootloader version you have installed. In fact, bootloader from internal memory very often takes precedence, therefore old bootloaders cannot start the system correctly from the SD card.

This is why on the armbian forum it's recommended to clear the device's internal memory or to update the bootloader as you did then. But in fact, apart from some exceptional cases that I don't know about, it is difficult for a box not to boot from sd.

Regarding libreelec 11, it's not stable. Have you tried using Libreelec 10?!

In any case, I would need a log/screenshot of the problem, otherwise, it's impossible to try to help you

jaum20 I tried but it doesn't give me any problems. Can you test by creating the swap manually with something like this

Code
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/storage/swap bs=1M count=512
    mkswap /storage/swap
    swapon /storage/swap
  • Hi everyone,

it's been a long time since the experimental builds of Libreelec 11.

I want to tell you that the project is progressing slower than expected, but it's not abandoned.

Maybe in the next few days, I'll release an updated build.

• hi, I have the same board as You -R329Q_V3.1, the stick RK329 and my opinion also the chip rk3228A should be the same but I can't confirm it because I don't want have problem removing the heat dissipation - can You tell me how do You have found ir protocol used ?