[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• I have forgot two times now to mention that knaerzes build of libreelec 9.2 for rk3228a-mxq4kpro works without any graphics issues and also sound works. Only wifi and remote don't work there.

Wifi and Sound doesn't work with my posted dtb that i tried on ilmichs libreelec 10 build.

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.2.1

- a new mainline remote driver with shutdown and power on with power button (thanks to the immense jock2)

- fix for some boards with no HDMI output (thanks to the immense jock2)

- imported some upstream Kodi patches for nice performance improvements

- support for t95d box with vfd display

- a lot of fixes and improvements

The build is very stable but some features are missing (like NAND). Think of it as a preview.

Cheers

Michele

• Hi usr4864,

I didn't have time to look closely at your problem. please try my latest build of libreelec 11.

I would not like to 'reopen' libreelec 10, but fix your problems on the development version.

Cheers

Michele

• Hi usr4864,

I didn't have time to look closely at your problem. please try my latest build of libreelec 11.

I would not like to 'reopen' libreelec 10, but fix your problems on the development version.

Cheers

Michele

Alright i understand. This latest build of libreelec 11 doesn't boot. TV says no signal and the box led doesn't come on. Nothing happens. I also tried the rk322x-box-t95d.dtb that's in your image and its the same.

• This dtb works! Booting normally, graphics issues gone! Sound works, LAN works. Awesome job! :thumbup:

Here is the dmesg output dmesg_23_10_16.txt

Now whats missing is Wifi and IR Remote. I tried testing all protocols with ir-keytable command but nothing works. Seems like the IR is not correctly configured for my box.

• usr4864 follow the official libreelec tutorial for configuring a new remote (see first post)

you need to stop kodi and eventlircd before use ir-keytable

regarding WiFi maybe is an unkown chip.

i did do exactly that. i have done this before on an amlogic box with success. But nothing happens with this box

• Which remote protocol are you using with ir-keytable? (NEC, NECX etc etc)

EDIT: according to your dmesg the ir receiver (rc1 for ir-keytable) driver is up and running

Code
    [   25.467831] rc rc1: rockchip_ir_recv as /devices/platform/110b0030.ir-receiver/rc/rc1
    [   25.468373] input: rockchip_ir_recv as /devices/platform/110b0030.ir-receiver/rc/rc1/input2
    [   25.485955] rockchip_ir 110b0030.ir-receiver: rockchip SIP initialized, version 0x2
  • used rc1 as rc device? can you please share the command line you used? I'll try on my box.

However, unless your receiver is connected differently at gpio level it seems strange to me. I'll also check the dts of your firmware later.

• sorry ilmich i just realized that i did not pay close attention to the command output. It says it cannot change protocol:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p nec -t
    Protocols for device can not be changed
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    ^C

so i tried all protocols in vain because there seems to be another issue... why cant the protocol be changed?

• because in your case there are two rc devices rc0 (typically cec) and rc1 (the RF remote receiver). if you launch ir-keytable without params you can show the list of all available rc devices.

you need to specify rc1 device when launching ir-keytable. The cec protocol is cec protocol and you can't change that.

so try with

ir-keytable -p nec -t -s rc1

let me know.

Michele

EDIT: However, since it's a new remote if you send me a working mapping that I can add to the official build I would be grateful.

• can you please try shutdown and power on with power key?

I'll try to see if I can do something regarding wifi

Power key on the remote works, it opens the menu to select one of the three shutdown options and "shutdown" turns off the box (led also off) and i can turn the box on again with the remote power key.