RPi 4 2 GB losing USB - Firmware issue?

• If you poke around in Escalade's GitHub repo you'll find some prior art for adding an NFS server. It's not something we've ever felt the need for in core images as Samba works well enough and most folks will just get confused. FWIW, I've always used SMB and never had any issues (other than occasional self-inflicted mistakes). It might not be "fastest" but it's always been "fast enought" .. over Ethernet of course.

• If you poke around in Escalade's GitHub repo you'll find some prior art for adding an NFS server. It's not something we've ever felt the need for in core images as Samba works well enough and most folks will just get confused. FWIW, I've always used SMB and never had any issues (other than occasional self-inflicted mistakes). It might not be "fastest" but it's always been "fast enought" .. over Ethernet of course.

For the purpose of my little stack, where it's used for offline/background stuff quite invisible from the user, SMB works well enough.

But it's got to work, and that rev. 1.5 Pi 4 did not play ball!

• Guys, HiassofT,

I still have issues with my Samba server going down.

It's not as often as before, but it can really become unproductive.

Is there anything on the pipeline that could help? Anything I could provide/do to help chase it down?

Thanks!

Nico

• It might be best to create a separate thread for the samba issue with a full log. I'm not really familiar with samba and those who are probably won't look into a RPi USB firmware thread.

so long,

Hias