T95Mini Remote Power

• I have seen where others have the Turewell T95Mini running well with the Tanix T6 image. Mine does as well great sound, playback, and 4KHDR. My problem is if I power off I get stuck on a black screen and can not power it back on without unplugging the device and plugging it back in. The log throws no errors on shutdown so I would imagine this is a remote problem as it will shutdown but not turn back on. I will include a pic of the remote and device. Any help is much appreciated as I would really like to use this box and have my hard disk power down.

• My problem is if I power off I get stuck on a black screen and can not power it back on without unplugging the device and plugging it back in.

Tbh my T95 Max does this also, both with the TX6 stable/nightly images and TX6 Mini test image, it doesn't shut down properly (HDMI is still powered, screen is grey not black).

• Posted my debug logs, please advise jernej if any more info is required:

http://ix.io/3NpP

http://ix.io/3NpR

dmesg:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Again to note, this box doesn't seem to have any default working IR config (even my MCE RC6 remote doesn't work with it OotB), it'll reboot/restart fine, but doesn't shutdown or start (from IR or WeChip G20 RF dongle), no WiFi either but I understand this.

Otherwise it's an excellent box, a genuine Samsung CJNB4R 64GB eMMC and great thermals (rarely above 55'C, even under heavy load)

Edited 3 times, last by powerarmour (January 24, 2022 at 8:51 PM).

• Alright got the remote working that came with the box here is the output for power. I am including my remotes .toml converted to text if that helps. With this and powerarmour's logs maybe we can get this thing going.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -t
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    6542.406955: lirc protocol(necx): scancode = 0x2fe40
    6542.407001: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x2fe40
    6542.407001: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_POWER(0x0074)
    6542.407001: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
  • Yeah mine does the same no matter what image as well. Seeing if I can get the remote that came with the box programed in and see if we can get help from there.

I've got that same remote too (I've got a collection of them from various TV boxes), none of them seem to work by default with either LibreELEC or CoreELEC, you have to set them up manually if you want to use them.

• Again to note, this box doesn't seem to have any default working IR config (even my MCE RC6 remote doesn't work with it OotB), it'll reboot/restart fine, but doesn't shutdown or start (from IR or WeChip G20 RF dongle), no WiFi either but I understand this.

Of course, you're using image tailored to Tanix TX6, which comes with different remote. You have to build your own image tailored for T95 Mini. Check last 3 commits here how to do that: https://github.com/jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv/commits/tx6-mini Those commits were made for similar test - if different IR settings for otherwise box with similar configuration would work.

• Okay, understood and fair enough.

I have one T95Max it the same remote, but if i understand correct it is not possible to override the IR config from the image of Tanix Tx6 ?

I have tried the correct config, but ends all it this: