CM4IO + "tdo,tl070wsh30"

• Hello guys,

I have a deep knowledge of PCB hardware so I have designed an adapter board for CM4IO to "tdo,tl070wsh30" DSI display.

On the otherside I am really a noobie on linux, so I would ask your help how to enable this display to work.

What I had already done:

- latest 5.15.13 LE is built with this display enabled in the *.conf file

- I have CM4IO with this adapter board where LCD_RESET is connected to GPIO6.

- backlight is alwyas enabled by hardware

- display is connected to CM4IO DISP1 port

I would need a working DToverlay file.

Thanks for your great support guys in advance.

jimmy

• I've never seen a DSI driver developer on this forum. So I think you're searching at the wrong place.

Usually it goes like this: Find an open source driver, and adapt it for your needs.

I found this thread on the RPi forums, which is a good starting point: Click!

• I've never seen a DSI driver developer on this forum. So I think you're searching at the wrong place.

Usually it goes like this: Find an open source driver, and adapt it for your needs.

I found this thread on the RPi forums, which is a good starting point: Click!

Da Flex, no need to develop new driver since in the 5.15 kernel it already exists. See here:.

Also, there is a documentation how to use it here.

My problem is that I so newbie to linux that I cannot write the working overlay file.

When it is written then I can compile it an run from config.txt.

In this overlay file I would ask anybody's help.

Thanks in advance guys.

• Here's an example of another panel device listed in that yaml file being added to a device-tree:

How well that transcribes to your (different) panel .. I can't say. I'd be asking the vendor/manufacturer for examples. The RPi forms are also probably a better source for help on that kind of thing than here - our expertise rather stops at "connect HDMI cable" :)