Live-TV nearly not useable

• Hi

Hardware: Raspi 4B 8 GB, Hauptauge WinTV Dual
    Software: Liberelec 10.0.1, TVheadend 4.3

I do not manage to watch live TV without interference and with acceptable quality.
    SD channels 576i: Playback stalls again and again, block artifacts. The picture quality is modest. No deinterlacing. channel switching is really slow.

HD channels 720p: does not work at all. Image is freezing. On changing channels, kodi flies through the channel list, stops around 10 channels further.

What am I doing wrong? I mean, people using Live-TV without problems, even on older, slower Raspis, not?

• Kodi can only output progressive, so to handle interlaced media you *must* be using 'doubled' modes for playback, e.g. PAL 25Hz must use a 50Hz mode from the TV. In other words, a 1080p whitelist would be 60/59.94/50/24/23.976 .. deliberately no 25/29.97/30 modes. If you also find one of the pre-10.0.2 testing images from HiassofT these have deinterlace support, it will be in the next 10.0.x release (soon, we hope).

I'm using TVH from a server 4,700 Km away and it's pretty usable :)

• I am running

Hardware: Raspi 4B 4GB, Hauppauge WinTV Dual
    Software: Liberelec 10.0.0, TVheadend 4.3

I am not sure if yours is a new problem since upgrading but if not, I have always had to run the WinTV Dual tuner in a usb 2.0 port and set all the Muxes’ EPA Scan settings to disable under the tabs Configuration, DVB Input, Muxes