Linux e1000e base driver for Intel Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection

• I see, so you are telling me you have never previewed a movie before visiting the theatre?

Anyway, for the good of the software, let's try to track down this bug together... I want to help to improve LibreElec and Kodi as best I can. So tell me what you need to solve this issue?

• Was there something else you needed?

yes, indeed, since a long time, since comment #10 to be precise:

again, I/ we would also see what's in the systemd journal,

the output of it is generated with the command journalctl

it's already explained what it is and how to use

===

in another thread someone had similar issues, but with a wifi card. after a reboot the card vanished somehow.

reflashing the bios, resetting to bios defaults and he was done with it.

try that too !

• Hi GDPR-7

Thanks for your quick reply.... Please find a copy of my journalctl output below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/efapaforem

If you require anything else just let me know... I am new to all this so I might need some guidance.

I have updated and downgraded the bios a few times, currently running the latest version. All versions experienced the same issue. I can't rule out the bios, but I am thinking it might be unlikely due to the problem persisting across versions. Unless they haven't fixed it of course.

• maybe I'm blind (sometimes I am !) but I can't find anything what tells me you're using a LAN.

further I can't find anything what makes me think you reproduced the bug and your log is about it.

what guidance do you still need, you already got them twice and more times and it seems you ignore them reliable

sorry, I'm completely feed up !

• I'm confused, please clearly explain to me what you want. I have provided everything you have asked for to date?

I can assure you I am connected to a lan, not sure how my movies would stream from my nas otherwise? The wifi has been disabled.

I am sorry you are getting frustrated, but that is certainly not my intention, maybe I am missing you requirements? If you could maybe make a numbered list I will be sure to get everything for you.

• The wifi has been disabled

and what is this ?:

Code
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC kernel IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC connmand ipconfig state 3 ipconfig method 1
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC avahi-daemon Joining mDNS multicast group on interface wlan0.IPv4 with address 192.168.1.216.
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC avahi-daemon New relevant interface wlan0.IPv4 for mDNS.
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC avahi-daemon Registering new address record for 192.168.1.216 on wlan0.IPv4.
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC wpa_supplicant wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SIGNAL-CHANGE above=1 signal=-35 noise=9999 txrate=144400
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC connmand wlan0 {del} route fe80:: gw :: scope 0 <UNIVERSE>
    Feb 12 15:18:57 LibreELEC connmand wlan0 {add} address 192.168.1.216/24 label wlan0 family 2

... maybe I am missing you requirements? If you could maybe make a numbered list I will be sure to get everything for you.

copy 'n pasted from my comment #31

the log file generation:
    - reboot

- login via ssh

(- maybe in a 2cd run: with what heitbaum in comment #10 suggested)

- reproduce the error

- run: journalctl -b0 | paste

- post the link you got

this order *is* already the numbering

and because of your statements here:

4. It happens when ethernet is connected (wifi disconnected) and we are streaming videos/movies ...

you need to set the following *before* runing the above log file generation

Wifi: OFF and only LAN: ON

Edited 4 times, last by GDPR-7 (February 14, 2022 at 3:28 AM).