Atmos

• Hello

Happy New Year all!

Does LE 10 support Dolby Atmos decoding? Or do you have to passthrough?

Does passthrough need certain NUCs to work or will NUC6 work?

Thanks

As far as I know there is no open source decoder / renderer for the Dolby Atmos Extensions used with Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby True HD - nor is there a majorly standardised route to sending them as PCM to an AVR.

As a result Passthrough/Bitstream of DD+ with Atmos or True HD with Atmos to an Atmos compatible sound system is the route to getting Atmos decoding and height speaker playback.

You can decode the DD+ and Dolby True HD stream to regular 5.1 / 7.1 PCM no problem though (as the streams are backwards compatible with non-Atmos decoders, which ignore the Atmos extensions)

• As far as I know there is no open source decoder / renderer for the Dolby Atmos Extensions used with Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby True HD - nor is there a majorly standardised route to sending them as PCM to an AVR.

As a result Passthrough/Bitstream of DD+ with Atmos or True HD with Atmos to an Atmos compatible sound system is the route to getting Atmos decoding and height speaker playback.

You can decode the DD+ and Dolby True HD stream to regular 5.1 / 7.1 PCM no problem though (as the streams are backwards compatible with non-Atmos decoders, which ignore the Atmos extensions)

Ah ok.

Issue I am having is sometimes Kodi plays back DD and DDP 5.1 as 2.0. Happens randomly.

Only if I have pass-through set up.

Will raise thread with logs for that issue again but last time no one had a fix lol