New in LibreElec

• Hello All,

I hope that you all are fine. I'm new in LibreElec and I have more difficult to install/configure LibreElec ...

CONTEXT :

I put in an USF flash drive, LibreElec (with the software "LibreELEC.USB-CD.Creator.Win32.exe".

I boot in the USB flash drive in this computer : HP EliteDesk 800 G2 (mini 35W), for install LibreElec in a SSD. This step was a succes.

But after, to configure LibreElec : installs differents addons (don't work correctly), youtube keep the old API configs while I reset the parameters (force uninstall, reinstall), when I want reboot LibreElec, my computer print nothing, just a black screnn (so I turn Off the computer and restart manually), etc.

I want to clarify that LibreElec is installed on its own on the SSD, not with windows or with Linux distribution.

WHAT I WANT SO ? :

I don't think I apply / have a "good practice" on the start of these installations. Before going any further, I would therefore like to be able to learn about the most vital things for a good start to LibreElec functioning.

QUESTIONS :

- Is it necessary to install a linux distribution next to LibreElec (for updates, etc)? I was just thinking of installing LibreElec on the computer.

- The fact there's no linux distribution and so no GRUB, so that explain maybe why when I reboot from LibreElec, it's dont work ?

- Concerning the Addons, I think first, install an Addon for have TV channels. Do you have any addons names for me? Thank you

Thank you for your help, I see that there are a Wiki... I will check in this if I find my answers.

thank you in advance for your help :) .(sorry for my terrible english)

Regards

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/8142/

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/8141/

• HP EliteDesk 800 G2 (mini 35W),

The HP EliteDesk 800 G2 is a quite a generic name tag of an almost 7 year old computer release. Any chance of telling us which exact hardware and graphics solution is in your G2 ?

Is it necessary to install a linux distribution next to LibreElec

No, LibreELEC has its own built-in update system. I personally do have Ubuntu as the main OS because of its convenience, and install LibreELEC manually onto 2 separate partitions and via GRUB2.

so that explain maybe why when I reboot from LibreElec, it's dont work

LibreELEC not working can be because of lots of reasons. If it runs well after the first install, and not after a reboot, that would be weird and will require further investigation.

Do you have any addons names for me?

TV Channels can be obtained via basically 2 ways, official and illegal. We will not help you with the latter one.