How to install a kernel module?

• I've installed libreelec on beelink gs1, and it works fine. It's amazing! But wi-fi does not work.

I found out that in allwinner h6 chip there is xr819 wifi module, and i found this github. It tells, I need the xradio_wlan driver and the firmware. I found xradio_wlan.ko in /var/media/system/vendor/modules/ path, but modprobe can't see it. How to enable this module?

• Go to Best Answer
  • If the module is already built and part of the LE image then the mostly likely issue is the device-tree file not containing any references to WiFi hardware; thus the chip is not probed-for and the driver not loaded. Running insmod won't do anything.

• Adding a driver to the image turned out to be too difficult for me, I could not do it.

chewitt, maybe it is worth noting that in the beelink gs1 wifi is not supported? I found it in the list of supported devices and was sure that everything works for it.

• fingolfin are you sure that yours Beelink GS1 has xr819? According to linux-sunxi wiki, it has RTL8822BE module (PCIe). Linux already supports it, but H6 PCIe is a bit weird and can't be implemented as normal PCIe driver.