SSH not allowing login - Nightly build on RPi4 over PXE

• Hi folks,

Switched to the nightly build to get support for de-interlacing, as I watch UK TV (via Mythtv server). Since switching to the nightly build I have been locked out of SSH. I have tried disabling/enabling, and changing the password, but I get the same error everytime which would usually indicate an incorrect password. I have checked that it is not a keyboard layout issue.

If it makes any odds, my RPi4 boots over PXE, running TFTP on a dnsmasq server.

Any ideas what's gone wrong and/or how to fix it?

• I'm on linux, so just using Terminal in Ubuntu 20.04, which has previously worked fine. Have also tested from WebSSH iOS app on my phone - which previous to the update worked fine.

• Thanks for getting back to me :)

I am typing the following, with the following responses:

ssh [email protected]

[email protected]'s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

Permission denied, please try again.

[email protected]: Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

I have not disabled password authentication. I have tried resetting the password several times, it makes no difference.

• Create a log via LibreELEC-Settings Addon after trying to log on via ssh -v [email protected].

Or get terminal access by adding textmode to your kernel command line and use journalctl -u sshd to check the server and pastekodi to create a log.

• Log is at - http://ix.io/3J9S

ssh -v paste is below

So it looks like the fault is that the volatile files are written into .ssh are not getting written over PXE. This worked on LE9 - has something changed in the LE codebase, or is the issue in my PXE server?

Edited once, last by bangadrum: Found fault, possibly (December 22, 2021 at 6:10 PM).

• Code
    ========== /storage/.config ==========
    total 92
    drwxr-xr-x    2 1000     1000          4096 Dec 18 18:49 aacs
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 1000     1000             3 Dec 22 17:39 boot.status
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 1000     1000           284 Jul 22  2019 hosts.conf
    [...]

NFS file system on /storage is mounted for user 1000:1000 but root:root (or 0:0) is required.

Check your NFS server configuration.