Intel NUC NUC10i3FNKN Audio Not Working 10.0.1

• Hi All,

I am trying to figure out how to get the audio working on my Intel Nuc 10th Gen with the newest version of LibreELEC 10.0.1 I seem to be stuck on the Bluetooth audio option that is greyed out. I have tried to disable HD audio in bios with no luck, I have the OS installed on an internal SSD to the NUC at the moment.

• Code
    [    2.579005] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
    [    2.579188] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: bound 0000:00:02.0 (ops 0xffffffff8bc18620)

^ hard to say.. have you tried a currently Nightly image? (newer kernel and drivers)

• Thanks for the suggestion the newest nightly build from today seems to have solved my problem.

Thx a lot helped me as well to get audio on my NUC

Code
    [    2.579005] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
    [    2.579188] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: bound 0000:00:02.0 (ops 0xffffffff8bc18620)

^ hard to say.. have you tried a currently Nightly image? (newer kernel and drivers)

thx for the help didn't know that this driver was not yet implemented into the main libreelec image

However when I play content 4K 60hz it sometimes drops out, for half a second the image gets black an reappears. Even in the GUI it shows this behavior. With the 30hz settings it behaves normally as intended.

So is my NUC too slow to display 4k at 60hz?

Andy

• However when I play content 4K 60hz it sometimes drops out, for half a second the image gets black an reappears. Even in the GUI it shows this behavior. With the 30hz settings it behaves normally as intended. So is my NUC too slow to display 4k at 60hz?

Unless there's some driver issue (that we won't know about) the GPU and DRM drivers should handle 4K@60 fine. However 4K@60 requires considerably more bandwidth on the HDMI connection so the common weak-link is the HDMI cable. Pretty much any old crap HDMI cable will handle 4K@30 but "certified" cables and sometimes specific HDMI ports on the TV are required for 4K@60.

• Unless there's some driver issue (that we won't know about) the GPU and DRM drivers should handle 4K@60 fine. However 4K@60 requires considerably more bandwidth on the HDMI connection so the common weak-link is the HDMI cable. Pretty much any old crap HDMI cable will handle 4K@30 but "certified" cables and sometimes specific HDMI ports on the TV are required for 4K@60.

ok thx will try again with different cables however tried may of them all "certified" for 4k / 60 even some for 8k or 120hz

I use some PXL-CBH1 rated for 4k/60

• Im having this same exact issue with an Intel NUC10i7FNH1, did anyone figure it out, using 10.0.4 and high quality hdmi cables

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • here we are http://ix.io/4mmx

I have also previously tried updating the bios and checking it to see of anything that might turn off the hdmi for sound. I also have previously had a version of kodi running on debian on the same box without the same issue. I wouldnt mind the bluetooth sound so much but it also keeps dropping its connection multiple times when watching videos and thats annoying.