SMB sharing not working at all

• Hi All,

It's getting on my nerves, so decided to post in the forum this issue. Not from Linux, not from Windows.

Configurations:

Client: Raspberry Pi 3B+

Server: Windows 11

Network: Same subnet.

Created shares on Windows with the usual Advanced sharing dialog (right click on folder). Permission is set to Everyone with Read right, to my account with Full access.

\\192.168.0.100\G works on the Windows machine (opening it's own shares)

I created the firewall port rules for 139 and 445 to let traffic in, just in case.

Also, I installed from the "Turn Windows Features on or off" dialog the CIFS/SMB1 sharing support (everything checked).

Raspberry cannot find anything, no browsing, no manual add. Before, it could see with ZEROCONF the hostname of Windows, but couldn't do much there. Now it's totally empty there.

Nothing works.

NFS configuration on the Linux server went hard, too, but finally figured that I needed to add a port manually to be accessed by the client, otherwise it's opening random ports and even though I gave the firewall the default ports (111, 2049) before to let in requests, didn't work.

Life's complicated. What do I miss?

Thanks for the help in advance.

:?:

• I gave up on "browsing" aeons ago. It just takes a little effort to configure shares; personally I edit /storage/.kodi/usersdata/sources.xml as the format it simple and typing smb://user:pass@SERVER/SHARE is easier on a keyboad via SSH than using a remote in the GUI. SMB2/3 file sharing works fine in Kodi so there's really no need to downgrade things to SMB1.

• CvH

is there more to read about what is exactly broken ?

a pointer to the info ?

in another thread I'm trying to help another user regarding smb shares, maybe your info might shorten my work ...