Audio delay with 4k content [LibreElec 10.0.1 / RaspBerry Pi 4]

• I have exactly the same problem. Only HD Streams affected, SD content runs fine.

It appears some days ago, not directly after upgrading to the latest LibreElec, but some time later.

Maybe some caching problem?

Kind of "fixed" it by reducing the resolution (from something above 3000x) to 1920x1080.

Prehaps related to "upscaling"?

• Check advice from here: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/4k-hdr#hdr

Using 1080p60 for GUI with 4k modes enabled is whitelist is recommended configuration. (You will get 4k resolution for video).

Running the GUI iat 4k is pointless (the skin texures are 1080p) and just makes kodi laggier.

That's it! I change my resolution to 1920x1080 and enable hw acceleration again and all works fine now: audio and video are syncron again, also for video in high definition.
    Perfect :)

• Updated to 10.0.2. Audio delay still there. :(

Okay, so I updated to LE10.0.2 and played one movie. Which played fine except for the audio delay. Tried playing another one and the system just freezed up. Did a reboot. Same thing. Movies I could play before don't play. The output switches to 2160p and the cogwheel just keeps spinning into eternity... 😑

Edited once, last by lobbie1978: Merged a post created by lobbie1978 into this post. (March 10, 2022 at 10:02 PM).

• It's strange that this happens, I use the same hardware, the same settings. with libreelec 9 this did not happen, it was from 10 onwards that I was never able to watch any type of video again without having to touch the áudio delay.

• You can work around general audio delays via advancedsettings.xml:

Code: /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <latency>
          <delay>+150</delay>
        </latency>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>

Restart kodi using command systemctl restart kodi

This worked. However, it doesn't answer the question as to why the delay is happening in the 1st place. Maybe I should do a clean install sometime soon.

Anyway, thanks for this.