Wrong aspect ratio (new install, Generic 10.0)

• My setup

CPU: Intel Pentium G3240

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (w/o UEFI)

LibreELEC: Generic last stable (installed in UEFI-CSM mode because GPU doesn't support UEFI)

TV: Samsung PS42C450B1W (or something close, not sure, will check tomorrow, max resolution 1920x1080@60Hz)

After installing noticed that I have wrong ratio, everything is fine in horizontal axis but short in vertical. In TV settings set Be the size of screen, in Kodi 1920x1080 and it looks like 1024x768. What settings may help me and where to looking for a problem? Already found that problem may be in old HDMI cable and maybe I should buy new. Anyway looking for any solution.

• I'd say it would be quite weird "old" HDMI are not likely to affect aspect ratios.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I'd say it would be quite weird "old" HDMI are not likely to affect aspect ratios.

Yeah, maybe. I fixed aspect ratios but now I see that in HD/FHD colours are much more unnatural (too dark somewhere, but mostly too bright). And this is likely to be just bad cable or TV and not a LibreELEC or hardware problem. Should I take logs?

• TV: Samsung PS42C450B1W (or something close, not sure, will check tomorrow, max resolution 1920x1080@60Hz)

After installing noticed that I have wrong ratio, everything is fine in horizontal axis but short in vertical. In TV settings set Be the size of screen, in Kodi 1920x1080 and it looks like 1024x768.

I've checked and the Panel of your Samsung PS42C450B1W has a native Resolution of 1024x768 AND NOT 1920x1080 !

Please check the manual of your TV for yourself !

So the TV is "HD-Ready" and NOT "Full HD".

The TV can show 1920x1080 but it will downscale it to 1024x768.

Please try and set the Resolution in LibreElec/Kodi to 1024x768 and tell us if the Problem still exist.

• Please try and set the Resolution in LibreElec/Kodi to 1024x768 and tell us if the Problem still exist.

Yup, this helped, colors became normal as they should be.

Are you trying to play HDR video on non-HDR hardware?

No, I disabled HDR.

I've checked and the Panel of your Samsung PS42C450B1W has a native Resolution of 1024x768 AND NOT 1920x1080 !

Please check the manual of your TV for yourself !

, my TV actually don't have FHD.