Missing images for movies

• Generally all works well. I add a new movie or tv series, and I update the video collection as usual. For some entries all data is retrieved (from moviedb) except for images (logos and backdrops). I thought it's because no one added such images to the database, but it looks like everything is in place. I tried to refresh the affected entries manually, but I see no remote images that I could choose from. The text and other data seem to be downloaded just fine. This happens just for some of the movies/tv series in my database and not for all of them. One example could be The Outer Limits. So what could be wrong with it and how to fix it?

I use LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.1

• It's possible that your movies are using outdated URLs for fanart/posters/etc. TMDB had quite a spring-cleaning in their database. Older fanart being replaced by new ones, and also replacing locations of some of them.

A full rescrape of your video collection could be a solution, versus manually refreshing every problem movie.

• Are You using "The Movie Database Python" scraper? This works good at least for my collection.

I switched to TMDB as source as well.

I have The Movie Database (5.2.6) and The movie Database Python (1.5.1+matrix.1) addons enabled.

A full rescrape of your video collection could be a solution, versus manually refreshing every problem movie.

How to do a full refresh?

Edited once, last by morfik: Merged a post created by morfik into this post. (December 16, 2021 at 9:04 AM).

• How to do a full refresh?

- First make a proper backup of your current video database, including nfo files if necessary.

- Then remove the video database

- Restart Kodi

- Set the correct content scrapers for movies & tvshows

- Rescrape your video collection

- Upside: the video database no longer has clutter

- Downside: your watched statuses are missing (but there is an addon tool for that [I think])

• I found a better way. You don't have to remove the database. Instead, just switch the scrapers in the source dir properties. It will ask you to refresh the database. You can accept if you want the new scraper or skip and select the previous scraper once more and then accept to refresh. It will clear the database but the watch statuses will remain intact.

I tried refreshing all of my source dirs in this way, and it looks like that it helped with the missing images.