Looking to buy newest NUC version compatible with latest LE release

• I currently have an Intel NUC5i5MYHE and am looking to buy a something newer as I now have a LG CX OLED 4K 120HZ TV. I can't seem to find a list that shows LibreElec compatibility with newer Intel NUC versions (if there is such a list). I'd like to get one of the newest models that would be compatible with the stable release of LibreElec 10.0.1. The consumer version is a necessity because I absolutely need the built in IR sensor to work with my Harmony ONE+ and Elite remote. Is there a list or at least some specifications somewhere that I can use as a guideline to determine compatibility so I can make an educated purchase? If not, do you have any advice or recommendations for any models (generation like NUC7, 8, 9,10, 11, etc.) or anything else that would be helpful?

• some thoughts:

- Intel is involved in active developing linux, esp. LAN, GPU (driver i915), chipset (?), wifi

I would suggest to stay completely with Intel (GPU, LAN, WIFI,..., the NUC) and no derivations (Gigabyte, ...)

you're on a save(r) side

- newer NUC's => longer support

- newer NUC's, esp. newer Intel GPU => maybe currently(!, WIP) only support with LE nightly: in-kernel GPU driver "i915": kernel 5.15.y versus 5.10.y)

- newer NUC's, esp. Video Format "AV1" => maybe currently no or never support for that video format in LE

- be aware: some NUC lacks audio output via cinch (?) if you need this; so audio only via HDMI /DP

- be aware: NUC with non-intel GPU (nvidia) maybe no support by LE (in the future)

- is the harmony website still online to configure the CIR/Harmony for that newer NUC ?

- and double check the connection NUC <=> TV/Audio (=> user forum of that TV and/or the NUC Specs)

- look out for bring back support and fee's (if something overlooked)

Intel GPU and Features e.g. Video Format (=> chap.: "GPU video acceration"):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Gra…s_(GPU_hardware)

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (December 11, 2021 at 10:12 PM).

• As for the decoding performance of Tiger Lake chips in NUC 11, only the i5 and i7 models have two VDbox(fixed-function hardware decoding ASIC). So the i3 model with UHD graphics may not compete with the Xe graphics in some heavy workloads, even if they are all Gen 12 graphics.

See the num of "Multi-Format Codec Engines" aka VDbox:

Intel product specifications
    Intel® product specifications, features and compatibility quick reference guide and code name decoder. Compare products including processors, desktop boards,…
    ark.intel.com