Slow channel switching with Pi4

• Hi, I´m kind of annoyed that TV channel switching with the Pi 4 takes much longer than with my previous Pi 3B (no +). I´m currently running libreelec 9.2.8, tvheadend 4.2 with a Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III, same as I used with the Pi 3B. Channel switching takes around 7 seconds and used to be approx. 1-2 seconds with the Pi 3B.

I already tried with a different SD, fresh install, running the OS from a SSD, Libreelec 10.0.1 and a second Pi 4 with 2GB instead 4GB, same behaviour with all methods.

Does anybody experience the same behaviour or has an idea how I can speed up channel switching?

Thanks in advance

L

• my 2 ct:

- did you compared the TvH setting (Pi3/Pi4) e.g. made a photo with a digicam/smartphone ?

- if you're still in possession of the elder TvH setting [1] why not copy it over somehow with a subseq. reboot ?

- try TvH 4.3 if available (?! ) from here:

Tvheadend nightly builds for LibreELEC

I don't know if RPi2/3 will run on RPi4 too !

[1]

I guess it's this file

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend*/config

• Well, I can see the idle cpu frequence is 750MHZ and while channel switching is active I can see:

Code
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq 

As said, not even a fresh install or Libreelec 10.0.1 changes this behaviour.

My config.txt is:

@JO thanks for the hint, but the first thing I tried was using the installation from the PI3, after that I tried with a fresh install, SSD, and so on.. No changes...

Are my GPU Memory settings to high?

• Ok, I found the cause, when I use HDMI as Audio output the delay is gone. My default Audio device is an USB Audio DAC. Nevertheless I wonder why this slows down channel switching. It does not happen when playing Music or watching local or remote Video.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

L

• I pasted a debug log to:

hastebin

Currently I also opened a thread in the kodi forum, but In the end I´m completly unsure whether this is a kodi, libreelec, tvheadend or a sundtek issue... So if anybody could advice me to whom to address this issue I would be gladful...

Thanks