NFS shares no longer available

• Hey there,

I'm using LE 10.0.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4.
    I had previously no issues with setting up my NAS shares to connect to Kodi.

However, the other day I moved my NAS (also a Pi4, running Raspbian) to a new room in the house and I decided to give it an update.

I'm not sure if it was the update or something went weird when moving it, but now none of my devices were able to see my NAS anymore.

After a lot of messing around the solution seemed to be updating my fstab entries on my other computers in the house to no longer include the mount root folder. ie. nas:/videos instead of nas:/mnt/videos

I expected to head over to Kodi and have to remove the root folder also. But no luck. Either way I try Kodi still is unable to find the shared folder.
    I've followed the instructions here: https://kodi.wiki/view/NFS#NFS_sharing_from_Linux

My exports on my NAS are set up as such:

Code
    /mnt                    *(rw,sync,crossmnt,fsid=0)
    /mnt/music              *(rw,sync,insecure)
    /mnt/videos             *(rw,sync,insecure)
    /mnt/documents          *(rw,sync,insecure)
    /mnt/pictures           *(rw,sync,insecure)

I've also edited the mediasources.xml file on my Kodi machine to explicitly point to the IP address of my NAS, but this also doesn't seem to be working.

If anyone can give me some hints on where to turn next that would be great.. I'm still quite puzzled as to what's changed/gone wrong here so not quite sure where to troubleshoot next.

• My exports on my NAS are set up as such:

Those are a quite limited set of share parameters.

Exactly what hardware and OS do you use as your NFS file server, before and after the update?

Also, if you already have /mnt shared, why is there a need for subdirectory folders to be shared separately in the exports list?

• The NAS is using Raspberry Pi OS Lite (buster) on Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

I've copied the output of /var/log/dpkg.log here, 2021-11-22 is the date the issue started -- so I suspect it was something that was updated then.

/mnt is shared along with the sub-directories just because on my laptop the sub-directories listed above are mounted in fstab to various places within my home folder, but sometimes I want to mount /mnt to access some of the other folders under that directory that aren't mounted on start up.

• - I've NO idea of "Pi OS Lite" [1] -

but maybe you could get some useful output if you open two terminals on the nfs server:

- one running dmesg -w or journalctl -f to see what is happening

and

- one running sudo exportfs -ra ( or -rav)

see: man exportfs

you could also mount the exports on the nfs server itself to see if all is working.

if this is all working (local mounts) you should investigate your network (firewall, etc., maybe starting with simply pinging each others, ...)

IIRC (long ago playing with nfs) a simple wrong placed blank in /etc/exports caused long lasting "fun"...

[1]

did you investigated on their forum (if available) too ?

• RPi OS Lite works just like Debian & Ubuntu when it comes to NFS. If NFS paths no longer work, something changed.
    Don't forget the "exportfs -ra" as already mentioned, and test mounts via the command line (which goes fastest).