Libreelec 10.0.1 - MP4 Video replay crashes by fast forward/backwards

• Good Morning!

MP4/all Video clips seem now to crash/freeze with fast forward/backwards or using jump marks in Librelec 10.0.1 (Kodi 19.3). It happens only on my RPi with LE, on my 3 other windowsclients with Kodi 19.3. all works as specified - with the same MP4 files/Video clips from the same source. There's no crash log written by the system, but: The last row in kodi.old.log says "WARNING <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer". Seems to be a memory problem?

I didn't find a fitting hint in my (short, I've to admit :blush: ) search in the web to my problem. Again, I can't remember this behaviour on LE 9.2.6. Do I have to change something within the configuration with LE 10?

Thanks!

R.

Edited once, last by MacNoname (November 20, 2021 at 11:15 AM).

• MP4 files can be container files too, so any video format could have been applicable.

So instead of given us a single log file, how about providing the full, uncut kodi log via Kodi's pastebin site, or a similar web service?

• Ok. Thanks a lot for your support and help. :thumbup:

I wanted to check your suggestions out.

EDIT: By the way, some of the mentioned MP4 Files were created by myself, so I think I know what they contain... :)

But: In the meantime the situation is going worse and several things are going wrong for what reason ever: Now the scrapers (video, muscvideos) going "crazy" since the last addon updates. Kodi crashes now by scraping Files and folders with titles that contain German mutes vowels like ä, ü, ö and "ß". I tried every possible setting - no way succeeded.

All in all the usability for me is now going to zero (together with my former posted screensaverproblems). I'll downgrade back to 9.2.6 - where all the "with LE 10 lost functions" worked brilliant and wait, until I've again more "patience" to try an upgrade again.... :)

Greetings!

R.

Edited 3 times, last by MacNoname (November 21, 2021 at 11:38 AM).

• Last Farewell to LE 10... (at least for a while)

As I prepared to save some data form my LE 10, I became aware of another "bug", that I could reproduce several times. As you know, all my problems startet after changing to LE 10 vrom LE 9.2.6. Last probs were, that Kodi restartet with problems crashing by fast forward and backward videofiles and now by scraping videofiles with german titels with muted vowels and "ß" (as I guess, because the log ends every time with that). Finally I tried to change the scraper from "The Movie Database Python" to "Universal Movie Scraper" - and "Bang" -> TV Headendserver ends with the message, that it doenst work correkt anymore (same with "The Movie Database" (without Python)). The only solution was to reinstall the TVH Server to make it work again.

Finally: I really don't know, if the german vowels and the "ß" are really responsible for that behaviour at last, but it ist the only thing I saw everytime as last row in the (Debug)Logs.

Greetings!

R.

• If you think that bugs are going to magically disappear by themselves... That's not gonna happen. But enjoy LE 9.x.

Yes, thats right. That's not the point. But, why are you insulting/critizing me? The only thing I say is, that I've spent a lot of time in soluting a lot of problems after the upgrade from LE 10 - without any success. And now, I've no more time for that ... for the moment. That's all. Probably I'll have another try in the future - that was my statement! Sorry, when You felt different to that.

Why should I use a system, that is not working for my purposes, while LE 9.2.6 ist doing it?

And believe me: If I'd seen a chance to solve all of this by posting the debug-log, I'd already done it.

And the last thing I mentioned (scrapers stuff) was only a systembehaviour I observed.. nothing else.

Greetings!

R.

• Why are you insulting/critizing me?

Insulting? No. Critizing? Yes.

We like to think that we can solve problems together in the open-source community, with information such as from debug logs. Without technical and personal feedback, solving bugs is certainly not going to be easier. Nothing else.

• Ok. Then we go the same way :)

And: I'll would certainly publish any solutions I find, that's for sure.

But I hope, that you can understand my point of you, having a system, that fits your purposes.... at least for a while. :)

As I mentioned several times: I appreciate all of your/the community support in the LE support!

Grretings!

R.

Edited once, last by MacNoname (November 21, 2021 at 12:45 PM).

• Sounds like a real headache you've got with your RPi and LibreELEC. I had a similar issue once with a media player on my old laptop. It was super frustrating. In my case, it turned out to be a memory thing – my laptop just couldn't handle the newer software.

You might want to check if your Raspberry Pi needs more memory allocated to the GPU. That sometimes helps with video playback problems. And keep an eye out for any updates or patches for LibreELEC that might fix this. These tech issues can be super specific to the combo of hardware and software you're using.

If you're stuck and need a plan B for video stuff on a Mac, maybe give https://www.movavi.com/mac-video-editor/ a look. It’s pretty easy to use and might help you avoid these sorts of problems.

Edited once, last by Basil265619 (January 11, 2024 at 9:14 PM).