Asus PN40 Wifi not working

• I downloaded and installed LibreELEC today and so far it is booting into it but when I try to connect to my Wifi the GUI disappears and I can see the mouse cursor only. After a while the GUI comes back but I can't connect to my Wifi. The connection should work because from the same machine I can connect to the Wifi when booting another OS. Is there any hope or can't I use OpenELEC on that machine?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Is there any hope or can't I use OpenELEC on that machine?

I wouldn't try using OpenELEC these days. It's been almost 7 years now that development on that software stopped.

Perhaps you can, apart from the log file, also provide a dmesg listing to see what hardware is inside.

• chewitt So meanwhile I managed to get it working but I don't really know why. I connected initially a nano router in client mode to get internet access. Then I just retried to connect to the Wifi another time and it just connected. Before I am sure I used a keyboard to enter the wifi password. The time it worked I used the on screen keyboard and clicked with the mouse to enter it.

Klojum Sorry I wanted to type LibreELEC not OpenELEC. What is dmesg?

• What is dmesg?

It's basically a rundown of your system that also includes your hardware components.

The dmesg listing you can provide via a SSH connection into your LibreELEC device, and type on the command line:

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit

It should return a URL which you need to copy/paste into your next post here on the forum. And if wifi doesn't work, you will need to connect via ethernet cable instead. You can find the IP address for connecting in the System details of Kodi.