Falling CrazyCat DVB drivers for TBS 6905 (Quad DVB-S/S2) on LE 10.0

• Satellite cards in my LE:

- TBS 6905 (Quad DVB-S/S2)

- TechnoTrend TT-Budget S2-3200

Actual log with more details: http://ix.io/3DjU

Problem: Ever since the first beta versions of LE 10.0, I've been facing the same problem - as soon as I turn on the CrazyCat driver to make my TBS satellite card work, the driver crashes the very first time LE starts. Thus I can't run TVHeadEnd and other strange things start happening with the system, like the system can't shut down or restart, it always "stops", or "freeze" on the same shutdown sequence.

Yet if I install another linux system, I am able to compile and install the official TBS drivers without any problems and everything works fine. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I don't have the proper permissions in LibreELEC, I am of course not able to do this.

Link to an earlier discussion on this topic here on the forum: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.95.4 "does not see" satellite cards

So why am I reopening this topic? I would like to know from someone knowledgeable about the matter, if and what are the chances that this problem will ever be solved? Or do I have to build my own LE build with working drivers? Or should I sell this card and buy another one? Or should I discard LE and instead go the route of manually installing Ubuntu and running classic Kodi on top of it?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Martin

• I try to assemble an image with a more recent version of the TBS driver maybe this helps. Sadly this is all clusterfuck and every time you bump the drivers something else is broken. That's sadly the pain with drivers that are not at the linux kernel. Very likely a situation that get never fixed.

I let you know when I have assembled a new image.

• I understand what has been said here and thank you for your helpful approach to my problem. What I will definitely take away from this for the future is that next time, before buying any hardware, I will first make sure that its drivers are part of the Linux kernel.

CvH > Sorry to bother you, but did you have any chance to assembling new image please? Thanks in advance

• CvH there is a new open source drivers from TBS patched for kernel v5 dated of 25th august 2021 - here

I looked arraound and found this in TBS forum. I hope it helps so solve this issue. Now is just need someone that is able to build a image with this new driver. I volunteer my self to beta test it right the way :D