Posts by mpavlis76

Hi, I'd be very grateful for any advice if anyone knows or maybe you've encountered this before.

I don't know exactly since which version, but probably since version 11.x I'm facing a strange bug within LibreELEC (with Rapier skin). When trying to open some dialog box, the UI "freezes". To be more precise - the system is still running, it's accessible via the network and if I use the remote I hear a sound like I do in Kodi by default, but the UI is "frozen" and nothing happens. The only thing I am able to do about it is to trigger a restart of the Kodi process. The problem always appears, for example, when trying to open the IPTV Simple PVR addon settings, sometimes when trying to change the audio track in video, but never when turning on or changing the subtitle language.

When trying to find some clue I searched for anything interesting in kodi.log, but I don't see anything there, maybe just these three lines and then nothing:

¨2023-05-16 23:33:09.150 T:524479 info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogAddonInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

2023-05-16 23:33:10.568 T:524479 info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogSelect.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

2023-05-16 23:33:15.241 T:524479 warning <general>: CGUIWindowManager - HandleAction - ignoring action 2, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice,

Martin

mglae >

Following your last advice, I simply removed the Simple IPTV PVR addon from my Kodi and that didn't solve the problem, but it did put it to rest. After a few weeks I saw the option to install the updated Sipmple IPTV, even in the latest version 20.6.0. I did the install, but unfortunately from that moment on LE is unable to boot and always ends up in Safe Mode.

Following the instructions, I therefore obtained the appropriate logs:

Can I please ask where the problem is?

I tried to go through the logs and discover the problem in them myself, but without success.

Can I ask for help?

Thank you very much in advance,

Martin

Currently your kodi is crashing in PVR Manager when starting PVR Simple Client.

Follow this post to remove the PVR addon and install the latest version. Please post new crash log if still failing.

It works!

1) I removed the PVR Simpe Client add-on

2) after removing the PVR Simple Client, Kodi loads without any problem

great, but.. as soon as I again downloaded and installed the latest version of PVR IPTV add-on from the official Kodi repo, than just after installing - probably in the moment, when Kodi tried to start PVR IPTV plug-in again, it immediately crash it (Kodi). From that moment, it is impossible to start Kodi again till I manually remove this PVR IPTV Client at all.

mglae> Do you wand to analyse my logs? Just let me know, otherwise, I don't care.

Maybe it would actually be best to report this directly to the creators of the PVR IPTV add-on, but unfortunately I have to admit that I actually have no idea how to do it "right" and make it useful in the end. But if someone points me in the right direction, I'll be happy to do it.

Anyway, once again and many many thanks mglae!

Martin

No, there's no /storage/.config/kodi.conf at all. After discovering that the entry probably had no effect on Kodi, I "cleaned up" after myself and deleted the whole file again.

I do for kernel testing usually this in an terminal:

dmesg|grep -iEw 'bad|bug|conflict|corrupt|error|fail|failed|fault|fatal|invalid|Lock|NULL|segfault|stack|trace|warn'

Thank you for your advice. After entering the command you mentioned, I get the following response:

Looks good to me, don't you think? Or should I address some of the line I found?

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Martin

In the absense of a boot log to show what the system is doing I have no clue and CvH will be the same. Neither of us are mind readers.

@chewitt>

kodi.log, it can be viewed here: http://ix.io/46Bx

kodi_crash.log, it can be viewed here: http://ix.io/46By

journalctl > all_logs.txt, it can be viewed here: http://ix.io/46Bz

and kodi.log with debug logging enabled, it can be viewed here: http://ix.io/46BD

If I should supply any other log, please let me know which one and I will supply it.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Hi,

since build 20220701 I can't start UI/Kodi with any newer build and it always ends up booting into safe mode after several failed attempts.

I have an onboard Intel graphics card and after searching this forum I assumed problems with the driver used, unfortunately none of the following entries in kodi.cfg helped:

echo 'LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="i915"' >> /storage/.config/kodi.conf

or

echo 'LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="i965"' >> /storage/.config/kodi.conf

I don't see any specific error in kodi.log.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

On the last working build, after typing lspci -v | less I see this:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

DeviceName: Onboard IGD

Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller

Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28

Memory at f7800000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]

Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]

I/O ports at f000 [size=64]

Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]

Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-

Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2

Capabilities: [a4] PCI Advanced Features

Kernel driver in use: i915

I assume the date was supposed to be 24.07.2022 and not 24.07.2020.

It's clear to me, probably to most of you too, but to avoid confusing anyone unnecessarily, I wanted to soften it 👍.

Satellite cards in my LE:

- TBS 6905 (Quad DVB-S/S2)

- TechnoTrend TT-Budget S2-3200

Actual log with more details: http://ix.io/3DjU

Problem: Ever since the first beta versions of LE 10.0, I've been facing the same problem - as soon as I turn on the CrazyCat driver to make my TBS satellite card work, the driver crashes the very first time LE starts. Thus I can't run TVHeadEnd and other strange things start happening with the system, like the system can't shut down or restart, it always "stops", or "freeze" on the same shutdown sequence.

Yet if I install another linux system, I am able to compile and install the official TBS drivers without any problems and everything works fine. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I don't have the proper permissions in LibreELEC, I am of course not able to do this.

Link to an earlier discussion on this topic here on the forum: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.95.4 "does not see" satellite cards

So why am I reopening this topic? I would like to know from someone knowledgeable about the matter, if and what are the chances that this problem will ever be solved? Or do I have to build my own LE build with working drivers? Or should I sell this card and buy another one? Or should I discard LE and instead go the route of manually installing Ubuntu and running classic Kodi on top of it?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Martin

Update - after the release of the new beta build, I took the advice given earlier and ran LE directly from USB using the "run" command.

I tried installing both the latest kernel drivers as well as the offered CrazyCat driver package.

The results are attached:

Since I am not completely forged in Linux, I just add that after installing CrazyCat drivers, both satellite cards (one has four tuners and the other one only one) appear in the system, they are correctly detected, but during the boot the drivers keep crashing. On the other hand, during shutdown or reboot I always have to manually turn the PC off and back on again, because during the shutdown sequence LE stops at a system message that something is synchronizing somewhere, but it never takes place and the system stays stationary just before shutdown. After removing/disabling the CrazyCat drivers, everything starts working again immediately.

smp Can I ask you one question please? I have a TBS 6905 satellite card and the fact that it doesn't work on the current beta versions of LibreELEC 10b1-b5. I assume will be the same problem that erbas solved here before me, right? On LibreELEC 9.x and earlier through CrazyCat drivers everything worked great. I run Generic platform.

I tried to find any solution here: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.95.4 "does not see" satellite cards - General Support - LibreELEC Forum but unsuccessfully. Could you please help me?

Yesterday I reinstalled beta 1 to compare it with the current state in beta 4. Unfortunately, the test did not go as I expected.

On beta 1, I did not find LibreELEC driver selection anywhere in the Kodi GUI, nor any of the discussed driver packages. I have no idea if they are somewhere else in the system (I'm still a big newbie on the Linux platform), but I simply couldn't find either in Kodi even after several reboots, etc. When I used the dmesg | paste command, it said something like that there was nothing to display, unfortunately I don't remember exactly.

So I installed beta 4 again and after booting LE, I repeatedly dismissed all prompts in the sense of whether I wanted to activate any of the driver packages. I only use LibreELEC driver selection and use that tool to activate CrazyCat drivers. Nothing more. Then I used dmesg | paste and I really can't get rid of the strong impression that the result is exactly the same as it was on beta 2, beta 3 and beta 4, i.e. -> a collapsed driver. In retrospect I realise that I missed beta 1 at the time, thanks to articles on a local blog that it was still a very fresh system.

Link: http://ix.io/3qC9

Can someone please confirm this feeling by looking at the attached log?

And is there any advice on how to actually proceed now and what to do about it?

Thanks guys!