Tanix TX6 mini

• Hello.

So I had this "tanix tx6 mini" laying around, i put the tx6 image on SD card to try it and it's working really great, especially hd audio, truehd and dts-hd are playing perfectly on my avr. Thanks to the team.

I have one little problem though with the remote, I can send the device to sleep or power off using the menu and I tried both KEY_POWER and KEY_WAKEUP in my key table (build from scratch and i also used with success the tx3 mini template), but these two keys won't work and I have to deal with the power ac adapter on the back of the unit to power on, this is not really practical indeed.

Hope someone will be able to help or give me a direction. Thanks in advance.

• It's entirely possible that tx6 mini variant has different remote as tx6. Unfortunately, firmware, which manages suspend/resume, doesn't have ability to change IR keys on the fly. If you can manage to figure out IR protocol and scancode of power button, I can provide special build image (for now). Fortunately, it's not that hard. Connect over ssh, execute ir-keytable -t, press power button and copy&paste output here. Note, I don't have any board around me currently, so this command may not be complete.

• Thanks. Maybe i should have made one precision, with my current remote setup, when i press the power button, i can power off, but i cannot power on.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -t
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    143.560244: lirc protocol(nec): scancode = 0x8051
    143.560294: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x8051
    143.560294: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_POWER(0x0074)
    143.560294: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
  • Yeah, tx6 and tx6 mini have different remotes. That's why wake up doesn't work. I'll prepare new image for mini for you to test, but this won't be backported to LE10. It's possible that images will be merged into one some time later, but again, not in LE10.

BTW, which wifi chip is on tx6 mini?

• No bluetooth on this model.

This most likely means XR819.

Where can i find the information about the wifi chip?

Easiest way is to open up the box and read chip markings near the antenna, but I already have pretty good idea. No need to do that, if you don't want to.

Anyway, here is experimental TX6 mini image: http://jernej.libreelec.tv/test/tx6-mini/

Build from this source: https://github.com/jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv/commits/tx6-mini

This test need fresh installation. If you have some settings/data you need, use another SD card. Remote should work out-of-the-box without any configuration.

• Test completed, and it's remarkable! No need to plug, unplug ac cable anymore, we can power off and power on with the remote.

HD audio passthrough was not working anymore, so i use the audio passthrough update file. Obviously, after reboot, back to kodi 19.2 but HD audio and the remote are working flawlessly. This is excellent work, many thanks.

I will take a look at the wifi chip and get back at you.