Problem with internet connection / could not connect to repository

• Hello,

Kodi works fine on Raspberry OS. I tried to use libreelec and the problems starts. The time is wrong. So I put manually the timeserver pool.ntp.org - not working

I tried the trick with manual IPv4 and then change the ntp servers manual to pool.ntp.org in the connections setting - not working

I installed libreelec new for i think 4 times - not working

I tried to use another network. So i connect my pi with my smartphone tethering and everything is fine...

I think my router have a problem, but I can´ not find the problem. I disabled the firewall, LibreElec is shown in the router terminal as online, with ssh I get after the ping command a quick respond from my router, so there is also no problem... The settings are fine and i tried it with dhcp and manual.

Oh I forgot "wait for network before starting kodi" is activated.

I use libreelec 10.0.0 on a RPI4 B 8GB

Help...

If you need ssh infos please tell me the commands i have to write. If you need log infos, please also tell me the commands.

Sorry for the many "I" I have wrote. I am not a native speaker...

• Thank you for the quick answer. This was one of the first things I tried. I also restarted the router. I use ethernet and no wifi

But I tried it also with wifi and every setting change I tried.. - still not working

• NTP is being blocked somewhere. See if setting the router IP as the NTP server works, some routers will give a response to requests.

I tried this yesterday. First timeserver pool.ntp.org second 192.168.0.1 (router) - it was still not working.

In the meantime I solved the problem after the hint from elonesna. First I laught about this ordinary hint, but then I tried it again.

So I reboot the whole router. After the second reboot it works! After several hours of anger and a hammer lying next to the pi, waiting for its use - ITS WORKING...

Thank you to everyone!

For others who have this Problem, I put the whole problemsolving I found in the last hours in this document

try this solving steps - step by step:

1) activate "wait for network before starting kodi"

2) restart kodi

3) restart the Router :)

4) try if kodi works with your smartphone tethering or another network! If it works your router have a problem!

Try number 2, Check in your router setting if libreelec ist connected, try to disable the firewall, make a ping from your router to the device to check if the device is there. Go to the libreelec connection settings - edit your active connection - ipv4 manual - check your dns and default gateway!

5) set the timeserver to pool.ntp.org

6) if this not work go to libreelec setting - Connections - select the network and go to edit - put IPv4 to manual - select time servers and put first time server pool.ntp.org and maybe the second to your router ip - and then change ipv4 to dhcp or just let it manual

7) use ssh - you have to activate it in codi - for win 10 use the program putty - open the program - to connect just write the device name - a terminal will open - the default username is root and then write your selected password - try to ping your router and try to ping the repositroy server. If this works and your time is still wrong and the repository still cannot be started I think you should try to set your router to default.

8 ) look for new versions of libreelec and try to do a clean reinstall

9) If it still not works - sell your pi and find something better in your life! =P

• FYI, the default (embedded) time servers are 0/1/2.pool.ntp.org so there is no need to configure ntp.org servers, it doesn't achieve any real-world difference to the system.