Plugin with Silverlight

• Is it possible that a plugin could be developed to allow streaming of Silverlight-requiring streams?

Reason for question:
    Setanta sports was taken over and is now known as eirSports in Ireland. It provides 6 sports channels via Astra satellite.
    To receive the Sat signals one requires a Sky card, in a Sky+HD box (for HD channels).
    Not a lot of use to those without a Sky box. Recording in such a box is not possible without paying Sky a subscription.

As an alternative, eirSports stream the 6 channels to those with an eir account.
    Unfortunately their streams require Silverlight, which limits the OS to Windows and MAC, and also are limited to browsers which can handle HDCP/DRM.
    Google Chrome does not work with the service apparently.

So, I wonder if it is possible for anyone to create a plugin, that accepts the eir credentials, and provides access to the streams, and then can display those channels through Kodi.

It seems a big ask ..... but thought I would try to find out if it is even possible.

eir do provide a couple of apps - one for Android - which possibly checks the hardware suitability before permitting channel display.
    I failed to get this working (get DRM licence error) in RemixOS in a VirtualBox VM.
    Maybe it could be used, I have no idea. :(

So, after that long post, would it be possible (even if not likely)?