Samba and NFS Mounts

• Hi,

i have in my Network a small Fileserver and only Kodi dont want save something on this Device ...

Ubuntu (Public and via User can write, read and delete files)

Mac OS Catalina and Big Sur (Public and User can write, read and delete files)

Windows 10 and 11 (Public and User can write, read and delete files)

Kodi 10 Matrix (via Zeroconf and manuel with Public and User can only read this device ..

Where is the Problem ...

8 Devices can used as Puplic or via User and dont have a Problem with read, write and delete files only Kodi

So i think my server run fine because all OS dont have Problem!

Regards

Thomas

• All your other OSes and your small SMB file server may still use the insecure SMBv1, while Kodi 19+/LibreELEC 9 defaults to SMBv2.

Check the min & max SMB version settings in the Kodi GUI, and possibly the SMB settings in the Settings Add-on.

NFS mounts are a different beast altogether, but both NFS and SMB depend on user rights.

What are the NFS /etc/exports settings, the NFS user can still conflict with the default/current Ubuntu user as far as file rights go.

• All Clients use SMB3 as Version

in this case now:

Kodi: 20658 nobody nogroup 192.168.1.55 (ipv4:192.168.1.55:52554) SMB3_11

MacBook Air with Catalina: 19880 nobody nogroup 192.168.1.104 (ipv4:192.168.1.104:49424) SMB3_02

if I change to smb2_10 was is standard in Kodi under SMB2 there change nothing ... Kodi can only read and not write

on my server run

Samba version 4.9.5-Debian

May you or the other have a Tip and I try tomorrow again but now I go to Bed

Danke euch