Voices too quiet, backround sound too loud

• Hi everyone,

I'm using a RPi4 with LE10. I have the problem, that the voices are too quiet and the backround sound is too loud. Is this a known issue? Is there any mixer (like ALSA) to increase the highs?

• LE has no volume control for single channels, like the center speaker, where voices usually come from. So you have to find other ways (AVR or TV settings) to increase center speaker volume.

• If you have output configured to 2 channels / stereo (which is the default unless you changed it or enabled passthrough) and are playing a multi-channel file (eg AC3 or DTS audio) you can adjust the center downmix level (eg make center channel/voices louder) during playback:

push the OK button on the remote, then choose settings (gear icon)->Audio settings and adjust "Downmix: Center Mix Level" - +5dB usually is a good choice for action movies with too loud sound effects.

If the file has 2 channel audio then there's nothing you can do.

If the file is multi-channel and you output multi-channel or have passthrough activated then adjust the center level on your amp/AVR.

so long,

Hias

• You haven't specified your speaker setup...

I had the same issue with a 3.1 setup (ie speakers, center channel and sub-woofer).

What i did was adjust the center speaker volume, relative to the stereo speakers via the Setup menu for my AV amplifier and now its MUCH better. I wish had thought of this a couple of years ago :(