RPI3 slow playing network content

• Hello,

I have updated my RPI3 to the latest LE version.

Migration from previous version works like a charm. But there one thing that cost a lot of patience.

When I play network content, there is no difference if the content is on my local server (video, music or pictures) or via Internet (youtube), it takes about 30 seconds until the playback starts. After this waiting period when for example the movie is running very smooth without any problems.

I had activated the logging but I couldn´´´´´´ not find any serious issues there.

I am running out of ideas where I could find the problem and why this occur.

Maybe someone here has some hints?

Best regards

Edited once, last by hschid (October 2, 2021 at 1:22 PM).

• The only time I've seen long delays before playback, users have fiddled with cache settings to avoid buffering after following some nonsense advice and set an insanely huge cache size; which needs to populate before playback can start.

• Hello,

do you talking about the settings in /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

The advancedsettings.xml contains only:

There is no advancedsettings.xml under /storage/.kodi/userdata

Guisettings.xml under /storage/.kodi/userdata

contains some cache settings:

Code
      <setting id="cache.harddisk" default="true">256</setting> 
      <setting id="cacheaudio.dvdrom" default="true">256</setting> 
      <setting id="cacheaudio.internet" default="true">256</setting> 
      <setting id="cacheaudio.lan" default="true">256</setting> 
      <setting id="cachedvd.dvdrom" default="true">2048</setting> 
      <setting id="cachedvd.lan" default="true">2048</setting> 
      <setting id="cacheunknown.internet" default="true">4096</setting> 
      <setting id="cachevideo.dvdrom" default="true">2048</setting> 
      <setting id="cachevideo.internet" default="true">4096</setting> 
      <setting id="cachevideo.lan" default="true">2048</setting> 

Are there special settings for the RPI3 or are these settings best optimiced?

• Sorry, I dismissed this information, it is Ethernet. Connected directly to the RPI3 LAN port.

I will check if a directly connect USB stick shows the same. I will report later :)

Well, I am totally surprised... same behavior when I play a video via USB stick.

I think I will go back to a previous version and try again. Bad, that is what I exactly want to avoid :(

Edited once, last by hschid: Ein Beitrag von hschid mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (October 3, 2021 at 6:47 PM).