No audio OR no remote since LE10

• No more audio after upgrading from LE9 to LE10 (generic x64 build).

Audio device in LE9 was ALSA/SPDIF device with SPDIF passthrough enabled. Can no longer be selected in LE10, only PulseAudio/BlueTooth device listed (greyed out). I don't remember seeing PulseAudio/BlueTooth device there in LE9 (but I might be wrong; was definitely never used).

The audio issues can be fixed by starting LE10 with the following command:

Code
    pasuspender -- env KODI_AE_SINK=ALSA /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs

Tested => audio works.

That, however, causes my remote to stop working (it does work correctly if I just let KODI start automatically (without the above command) but then, alas, without the sound).

Remote is irtrans-based. IRTrans server/daemon is started from autostart.sh with the following command (used this method in LE9 without issue; also works in LE10 as long as I don't use the pasuspender command above to start KODI):

Code
    ./irserver -logfile /var/log/irserver.log -pidfile /var/run/irserver.pid -daemon /dev/irtrans0

Full instructions on setup for irtrans is here: irserver add-on

How can I get both audio and my remote to work again with LE10?

Need logs? Which ones?

Edited once, last by apa (September 29, 2021 at 3:18 PM).

• Lost audio after upgrading to LE10. This appears to be caused by PulseAudio (I'm assuming PulseAudio somehow got enabled since LE10). I could get the audio to work again by launching LE10 with the following command:

Code
    pasuspender -- env KODI_AE_SINK=ALSA /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs

That, however, caused the irtrans remote to stop working.

To resolve this, I modified /storage/.config/system.d/kodi.service as follows

Note the added line below [Service]:

Code
    Environment=KODI_AE_SINK=ALSA

As well as the modified line ExecStart:

Code
    ExecStart=pasuspender -- /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs $KODI_ARGS $KODI_DEBUG

Solution also added to the original thread.