Headaches after upgrading from LE 9.2.8 to LE 10.0.0 (RasPi 4)

• I finally had some free time to upgrade my Raspberry Pi to the latest release, and ran into some minor issues and one annoying one. After cleaning off old add-ons that don't work (but some had upgrades available but didn't update) I was still faced with the WebUI (chorus2) and the SYBU (iOS) app all have blank posters, but the integrated browser showed everything correctly. I followed some forums and found this was a known issue going to Kodi 19 and chorus2 is not exactly compatible. I went and hunted down the few assigned "thumbnails" that carried over from the old DB I imported, but now it is pulling the file thumbnails from files themselves now.

Is there an additional setting I need to toggle for the WebUI to use the "poster"? I really don't want to have to rebuild from scratch as I've done so many manual edits to the TV orders (theTVDB has a lot of DVD orders by mistake).

Any help would be appreciated!

• I'll pass the observation that the best way to solve issues with TVDB is .. making edits to TVDB. If you ensure content (re)scrapes correctly it helps you; and anyone else trying to use it.

The poster Q is probably best asked in Kodi forums.

• On theTVDB thing, they blew me off. "It was right when we made the listing" was pretty much the response I got. The listings are locked and they refused to unlock.

LibreElec is closer to an appliance, so I assumed anyone migrating from LE 8 -> LE 9 -> LE 10 would have a similar headache as I, and would have some sort of discussion on the matter. Of course, it's based on an open source project, and every other one I've been using needs a complete rebuild from scratch every time there is a major upgrade (retropie is a prime example).

Thanks for the reply tho!

• Figured it out: clear browser cache to get WebUI working right (apparently the thumbnail selection is handled client side). Sybu Kodi for iOS needed an update to get that working.

• Scrapers have been a challenge in recent times due to the upstream websites changing their terms/conditions and becoming companies with commercial models. It's forced change on the Kodi ecosystem, but forccing millions of users (or Kodi itself) into a paid-for service was never an option, so it is (or it's been) what it is.