Fresh installation without touching underlying Linux

• Dear community,

At the moment I have Libreelec latest nightly build Generic installed on my Intel NUC. This is an updated version from older Kodi versions.

Now I want to install a new skin called Titan BINGIE Mod for Kodi Matrix. Normally this skin is supported but the skin will only be compatible with a fresh Kodi Matrix and not with an upgraded version from Leia to Matrix.

My idea is to backup Kodi via the build in backup function do a fresh installation and restore the backup.

My problem here ist that I customized the Linux itself so I only want to delete and install Kodi and not the OS, like I do with an USB Image.

Is there a way for my problem?

Thanks in advance for your support. :)

• Your post is confusing. However:

a) If the skin works on Matrix, it works on Matrix. If you manually upgrade from Leia to Matrix you still end up on Matrix. There is no reason why you cannot remove the Leia version of the skin (reverting to Estuary) and then update and install the Matrix version and start using it.

b) If you backup a Leia install and then do a clean Matrix install and restore the 'Leia' backup you pollute the Matrix install with Leia stuff. You will need to a selective restore of only the things that don't cause conflicts (e.g. add-ons).

c) LE is packaged with the entire OS in two files: KERNEL and SYSTEM. This means you cannot update "Just Kodi" because our OS packaging dictates that you update everything at the same time .. but if you are self-compiling you can update to an image that contains only whatever Kodi change you want to make. If you are thinking to use the Leia OS base that you customised but with "Kodi Matrix" .. it's not impossible but nobody around here is likely to spend a month on forum posts to explain how, so you either know how, or it's best not to ask.

• Hi chewitt,

many thanks for your answer. I think I was a little bit unintelligible.

Some other guys had the same problems installing the Titan BINGIE Mod skin for Matrix (with message: "...not compatible..."). They solved this via a fresh installation (LINK).

I guess I will have no choice but to back up all the stuff and redo the customizations to the OS, I am not aware of compiling :)