10.0.0 "Software caused connection abort"

• "Software caused connection abort"

10.0.0 Build 19.1.0 (Generic x86_64)

Issue seen on Lenovo Ideapad and Dell XPS M121`0, neither of which show this issue on the previous version. (9.2.6)

When attempting to connect to an SMB share on a Seagate Central NAS (e.g. from "Enter files section" when trying to add my media source.)

This is the version 1 of SMB, but I compared the settings of the Samba client between the versions of LibreElec and didn't spot any differences.

This bug is obviously a showstopper, for me.

Thanks

• I had the same problem, but i had figured out that the problem was in the settings of the smb-client. you find it if you goto to the settings > service settings > smb-client. you must change the minimal protocol to SMBv1 and the maximum protocol to SMBv3. the initial setting of this entries was none as default (that was the problem). if your SMB share of your NAS can only support SMBv1 then it will works with these settings.

in the settings > libreelec > services menu ...there are more settings to set a minimal and a maximal protocol. these are for the librelec smb (samba) share folders (update etc).

• That is incorrect advice. The hardcoded smbclient default dialect is SMBv2, so if you set a range from SMBv1 to SMBv3 Kodi will continue to use SMBv2; it can auto-negotiate upwards to SMBv3 but not down to SMBv1. The ONLY way to use SMBv1 is to set both min/max to SMBv1.

• That is incorrect advice. The hardcoded smbclient default dialect is SMBv2, so if you set a range from SMBv1 to SMBv3 Kodi will continue to use SMBv2; it can auto-negotiate upwards to SMBv3 but not down to SMBv1. The ONLY way to use SMBv1 is to set both min/max to SMBv1.

and why does it solve my problem than i changed the setting?

Thanks for the advice. I have an old Zyxel NSA320 NAS, and it only supports SMB1, without authentication. Even if I set LE to SMB1 to SMB1, still I cannot connect to it, and its driving me crazy. Bought a PI400 so I can play H265, and now I cannot connect to my videos. I now watch everything from the drive SD Card where LE is installed on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tried NFS, as my NAS supports it, but cannot find the way to set it up.