Rpi 4 2GB or 4GB?

• Just around launch of RPi4 a bought 2 of them, 1 4Gb and one 2Gb. For some reason I ended up using the 4GB one for libreelec and the other one for misc Home automation tasks.

So to my question, is there any gains/benefits to use the 4Gb version for libreelec and kodi. Or can I do a switcharoo and still be sure that all my 4k hdr lossless audio movies continue to work as nicely as they have done for the last week or so..

I _know_ there are gains to be had for my other projects with more ram... but my HT comes first =D

• Both will do. It's the 1GB version that can mess up the 4K experience. I bought two of the 4GB from the start, because well, I'm a nerd. Probably would have gotten the 8GB version if they had offered it from the start, and use it as a "big" server.

I don't think the 2 vs 4 GB version will have much of an impact when using LibreELEC.

You can simply swap the SDcards (or bootable USB devices) and see.

• The same here... I own way to many RPi's =D

I was actually considering to buy the 8Gb version and let the 2Gb trickle down the priority chain and do other less prioritized stuff. But there seem to be a shortage of 8Gb RPi's now.(locally at least)

I tried looking at mem usage during playback, it doesn't seem to be a big deal... but sometimes there more to things than you can easily see ;)

I'll give it i try then.

Thanks.